Amy Altshuler is a partner in the firm's Business Transactions Practice Group and the firm's Real Estate Practice Group. She practices in the areas of real estate leasing (retail, commercial, and industrial), land acquisition, and land development. She also advises on related corporate and entity issues, including formation of joint ventures, partnerships, corporations, and limited liability companies. Her clients include restaurants, retailers, investors, developers, homebuilders, insurance companies, and similar businesses with sophisticated real estate needs.
More About Amy E. Altshuler
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1995
- B.A., Syracuse University, 1992
- Arizona, 1996
- New York, 1996
- Scottsdale Chamber of Commerce, Partner Council 100
- Waste Not - a non-profit organization which feeds the hungry with food that would otherwise go to waste, Board Member, 2016-2019
- International Council of Shopping Centers, U.S. Shopping Center Law Conference, Member and Past Speaker
- National Association of Professional Women, Member
- Arizona State Bar, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member
Real Estate Leasing Experience
- Represent Roaring Fork, Salty Sow, Tumble 22 and other developing concepts for the Guy and Larry Restaurants LLC Group in connection with restaurant leasing and corporate transactions in the southwest and west coast.
- Represent Sprinkles Cupcakes in connection with leasing transactions.
- Represent Picnik in connection with restaurant leasing.
- Represent Paul Martin’s American Grill in connection with restaurant leasing.
- Represent VEREIT in connection with retail and restaurant leasing nationwide.
- Represent Atlas Copco, a global provider of industrial productivity products, in leasing transactions nationwide.
- Represent MJKL (Carl's Jr.) in connection with restaurant leasing and sale/leaseback transactions.
- Represent Jacquee’s Café in connection with restaurant leasing.
- Represented Hopdoddy Burger Bar in connection with restaurant leasing and corporate transactions.
- Represented P.F. Chang’s in connection with nationwide restaurant leasing and corporate transactions.
- Represented PetSmart in connection with retail leasing nationwide.
- Represented Eddie V’s and Wildfish in connection with restaurant leasing in the southwest and west coast.
- Represented large and small companies with regard to all aspects of commercial and office leasing.
- Represented a large national company in the development and leasing of industrial and business parks.
- Represented a Native American tribe in connection with a ground lease and mixed-use development transaction.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest retail REITs in connection with retail leasing nationwide
Real Estate Acquisition, Development, and Financing Experience
- Represent national insurance company in equity joint venture transactions in connection with the acquisition, development, operation, and financing of multifamily residential complexes, mixed-use centers, office buildings, and industrial facilities.
- Represent institutional national client in acquiring and disposing of developed and undeveloped multifamily residential, commercial, retail, and industrial real estate.
- Represent borrowers and lenders in a variety of real estate finance transactions.
- Represented large, single-family home builder in connection with acquisition and real estate issues.
- Represented a joint venture between REIT and national company to acquire a portfolio of 15 retail centers.
- Represented a large waste disposal company in acquisitions of stock and assets of other waste disposal/recycling companies.
Honors & Recognitions
- Top Lawyers, Phoenix Magazine, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C., Real Estate Law, 2013-2023
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Real Estate, 2022
- AZ Business Magazine, Most Influential Women in Arizona, 2018
- International Women's Leadership Association, Top Female Executive, 2016
- Arizona Commercial Real Estate Magazine, "People to Know in Commercial Real Estate," 2011, 2013
- National Association of Professional Women, Professional Woman of the Year, 2011
- Daniel Ginsberg Leadership Award, 2010
- AZ Business Magazine, Top Lawyers, Construction and Real Estate Law, 2010
- Anti-Defamation League National Leadership Class
- Amy Altshuler Named One of the 50 Most Influential Women in Arizona Business for 201808/5/2018
- Amy Altshuler Named Most Influential Women In ArizonaAZBusiness, 08/1/2018
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/18/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/7/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Press Release, 08/15/2019
- Press Release, 06/3/2019
- Press Release, 08/15/2018
- Press Release, 08/15/2017
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/15/2016
- Phoenix Business Journal, 06/8/2021
- azbigmedia.com, 04/15/2020
- Lewis Roca Blog, 04/14/2020,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 03/26/2020,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 03/13/2020
- Lewis Roca Blog, 06/12/2019
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/18/2022
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/7/2022
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/19/2021