Drew Wilson is an associate in Lewis Roca's Intellectual Property Practice Group. Drew’s degrees in computer and software engineering uniquely qualify him to support high tech firms. Clients turn to Drew for representation in nearly every major category of intellectual property litigation and enforcement, including patent infringement, trademark infringement, prosecution and opposition, copyright infringement, and policing actions.
Drew has successfully obtained victories for his clients by a number of methods, including obtaining both preliminary and permanent injunctions, successful mediations, and summary judgment. He has also policed the intellectual property portfolios of a number of clients, maintaining their rights by clearing the federal trademark register and removing infringing uses of his clients' intellectual property from the internet and social media.
Drew is an award-winning underwater photographer. He enjoys scuba diving and is also a competitive shooter of handguns and rifles.
More About Drew Wilson
- J.D., magna cum laude, Rutgers School of Law, 2010
- M.S., Software Engineering, California State University, Fullerton, 2007
- B.S., Computer Engineering, University of California, Irvine, 2004
- California, 2012
- New Jersey, 2010
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- California Supreme Court
- Managed a trademark dispute involving an in-home health care provider in the District Court for the Central District of California.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a major computer networking device manufacturer in a proceeding before the ITC.
- Represented a major retailer of personal care products in a trademark action.
- Advised a major manufacturer of hair care products about the viability of its claims against an international competitor in a trademark action.
- Favorably settled a trademark litigation action against a credit monitoring vendor.
- Favorably settled several trademark litigation actions against knife importers.
- Arbitrated a breach of contract claim against a major motion picture studio.
- Completed an internal compliance review and drafted a recommended policy for a client's participation in industry groups.
- Assisted in the policing of intellectual property for a major television studio.
Honors & Recognitions
- AIPLA, Past President's Award Winner
- Rutgers Intellectual Property Law Society, President and Founder
- Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy, Notes Editor
- Rutgers School of Law, Professor Michael Carrier, Research Assistant, 2009-2010
- ABA Intellectual Property, Award Recipient
- Press Release, 03/4/2021
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Sues Trademark Infringers of Tapatio Hot Sauce Over Marijuana Infused SaucePress Release, 10/26/2017
- Intellectual Property Magazine, 5/2021
- World Trademark Review, 03/16/2021
- World Trademark Review, Autumn 2020
- Los Angeles Lawyer, 02/1/2020,
- Los Angeles Lawyer, 04/1/2019,
- World Trademark Review, 2018-12-01,
- Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine, 2018-05-01,
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP, 10/30/2017,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 10/20/2020
- Lewis Roca Blog, 09/10/2020
- Lewis Roca Blog, 09/3/2020
- Lewis Roca Blog, 08/27/2020,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 08/20/2020,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 04/30/2020,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 04/23/2020,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 02/4/2020,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 04/8/2019
- Lewis Roca Blog, 01/27/2016,
- Moderator, "Online Counterfeiting - Policing and Protecting Brands," Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association - Washington in the West Event, January 2020
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Insight |  5/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021