Lewis Roca has more than 70 intellectual property lawyers, including a deep bench of IP litigators with the ability and experience to handle intellectual property litigation of all types throughout the country.
We make the complex simple. We staff IP litigation with lawyers that have deep technical and subject matter expertise combined with proven trial lawyers that are accustomed to handling complex litigation to verdict. Blending these skill sets allows us to present the most complex issue in an easy to understand manner that resonates with judges and juries.
We do not litigate like everyone else. Many IP litigators—especially in larger firms—handle predominantly defense-side work. Beating the competition is difficult when one has not litigated from their perspective. We maintain a strong balance of litigating both affirmative cases for our corporate clients as well as defending them. We are equally comfortable on the defendant and plaintiff side. Further, incorporating our complex business litigators into cases invites a fresh perspective on how to advance an IP case and employ creative strategies to achieving the client’s goals.
At a Glance
The Right Fit
- Big firm experience with regional firm pricing and attention
- Local approach with global reach
- 70+ IP lawyers, patent agents, and technical specialists
- More than 115 litigators
- Ranked in IP Litigation and Patent Litigation by Best Lawyers
- We have litigated hundreds of trademark, copyright, patent, trade secrets, false advertising, and rights of publicity cases
- A majority of our IP lawyers have a science or technical undergraduate degree
- More than 25 of our IP lawyers have an advanced science or technical degree
- Deep bench strength with substantial jury and bench trial experience
- Experience in core industries such as Technology, Fashion, Retail, Entertainment, Gaming, Financial, Health Care, and Sports and Outdoor Recreation
- Extensive Experience appearing before federal and state courts, including the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- We are experienced at litigating cases in “IP hotbeds,” such as the District of Delaware and Northern District of California
- Handled thousands of cases before the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board, the Patent Office Board of Appeals, and the International Trade Commission
Lewis Roca is prepared to provide aggressive representation at trial, but we also work with our in-house patent prosecution team to pursue alternative options that allow you to achieve your competitive goals without the expense of litigation. Unlike many big law firms, we have a team of patent prosecutors who provide in-house expertise to assist with litigation for any type of patent. We are also adept at defending cases filed by non-practicing entities.
Our lawyers have worked with individuals, organizations, and companies throughout the country and the world to develop and protect copyright rights here and abroad. We offer clients a full range of copyright litigation representation.
We are consistently ranked among the top 10 firms in the United States for volume of federal trademark lawsuits handled. Fortune 500 companies entrust us to enforce and defend some of the most valuable and recognized brands in the world. Our trademark litigation practice includes bringing and defending claims for trademark infringement, trademark dilution, false designation of origin, unfair competition, false advertising, and cybersquatting. We have handled hundreds of cases in federal courts and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, as well as Uniform Dispute Resolution Procedures and the new Uniform Rapid Response matter.
ITC Section 337 Litigation
Given the enormous stakes in an ITC investigation, hiring a firm with the right expertise is essential. Lewis Roca lawyers have been involved in numerous ITC proceedings, and we represent the full spectrum of technologies, including math, chemistry, physics, life sciences, mechanical engineering, computer science, and electrical engineering. Our lawyers have a national reputation for high caliber performance at every level, and our litigators can make even the most complex technical subjects clear to the judges and staff at the ITC.
Our intellectual property lawyers work with clients to protect the business assets that provide the most crucial competitive advantage — an organization’s trade secrets and proprietary information. Vigilant maintenance of trade secrets is vital due to the fact that corporate information becomes more vulnerable to theft every day.
Our lawyers provide legal solutions that can be customized for all 50 states and are designed to avoid litigation, heavy financial investments or costly government filings. Trade secret, unfair competition, and non-compete protections include a variety of legal services to protect confidential information, trade secrets, and intellectual property from actions by former employees or others who wish to gain an unfair competitive advantage.
Latest from Lewis Roca
- Press Release |  07/28/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  07/13/2021Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2021 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®
- Webinar |  06/29/2021