Sivan R. Korn
Sivan Korn is an experienced commercial litigator practicing primarily in the areas of intellectual property and corporate governance. Drawing on 20 years of experience, Sivan represents and counsels clients on a full range of commercial litigation issues, including licensing disputes, trade secret litigation, restrictive covenants, and partnership disputes. Sivan has represented clients in federal and state courts, including successful representation of life science companies in complex, high-stakes intellectual property litigation.
Sivan’s broad litigation experience spans from conception through decision, and has included strategic assessment and crafting of claims and defenses, effective e-discovery management, tactical briefing and advocacy at various critical pre-trial stages, settlement evaluation, and execution at trial and appeal. Sivan takes a practical approach aimed at navigating a dispute to resolution in a cost-efficient manner.
Sivan is an elected member of the American Law Institute, and a member of the Institute’s Restatement of Corporate Governance Consultant Group.
More About Sivan R. Korn
- LL.M., magna cum laude, Fordham University School of Law, 2001
- LL.B., magna cum laude, College of Management Academic Studies (COMAS), School of Law, Israel, 1999
- Arizona, 2005
- New York, 2002
- Israel, 2000 (inactive)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Law Institute, Elected Member, 2020
- Judge Pro Tempore, Pima County Superior Court, 2015-present
- Consulting and teaching for the University of Arizona's Center for Innovation and incubator startups, 2016-present
- Regional Coordinating lawyer for the Bet Tzedek Holocaust Survivors Justice Network, representing Holocaust survivors and their dependents in reparation applications to Germany, 2011-2013
- Negotiation of a nine-figure settlement on behalf of a life science corporate client against an international pharmaceutical company in a breach of license dispute.
- Successful representation of a life science corporate client against another international pharmaceutical company in a breach of license litigation involving use of gene expression technology.
- Defense of a Regional Behavioral Health Authority against multiple lawsuits brought by a member seeking judicial dissolution and asserting derivative claims against corporate management. All claims were dismissed.
- Successful defense of a software company against claims of trade secret misappropriation brought by former employer, a global monopoly in the field.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Trade Secrets Law, 2019-2023
- Honorable Judge Ruth Zochowitzky, District Court, Jerusalem, Israel
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/18/2022
- Co-author, "You Can’t Get There From Here: A Road Map to Public Access, Probate & Property," May/June 2014
- Co-author, "There’s No Deal Until There’s A Deal: Drafting (and living with) Letters of Intent," Arizona Attorney, November 2013
- Co-author, "The RPM Controversy: Dr. Miles Leegin and Beyond," ABA Antitrust Section, Economics Committee Newsletter, Fall 2007
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/18/2022
- Webinar |  06/29/2021