Clients appreciate Jennifer’s integrity, diligence, and pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
Jennifer Hostetler is a lawyer in the firm's Litigation Practice Group, practicing primarily in the areas of employment and business litigation.
Employment Litigation and Counseling
Jennifer’s employment practice focuses on the defense of employers in state and federal court against claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, breach of contract, and violation of wage and hour laws. She practices before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Nevada Equal Rights Commission, representing employers against claims filed by employees under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. Jennifer also counsels and advises employers with respect to their employment decisions and practices. She regularly prepares and reviews employment policies, contracts, severance agreements, and handbooks.
Jennifer has significant experience in employment law and human resource matters, having served as chief deputy attorney general for the state of Nevada. As chief, Jennifer supervised seven lawyers dedicated exclusively to representing the state of Nevada in personnel and employment law matters. Jennifer also advised and counseled Nevada’s state governmental agencies and public officials on day-to-day personnel matters in compliance with the state of Nevada personnel system and state and federal employment laws. She regularly represented the state of Nevada before administrative bodies and before state and federal courts in appeals from employee disciplinary actions, grievances, and claims brought pursuant to state and federal law, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
In her business litigation practice, Jennifer assists individuals and companies in a broad range of business litigation disputes, including complex business contract and tort disputes. Jennifer has experience in all aspects of litigation from drafting initial pleadings and conducting discovery to summary judgment and trial. She has also had success in negotiating favorable settlements for her clients.
While in law school Jennifer was a member of the Nevada Law Journal. She was also an extern with both Judge Kent J. Dawson of the United States District Court, District of Nevada and the Juvenile Division of the Clark County District Attorney's Office.
Jennifer has a genuine interest in understanding her client’s goals. She regularly communicates and collaborates with her clients to offer tailored solutions. Clients appreciate her empathy, diligence, responsiveness, and desire to get the best possible results for any legal situation facing her clients.
Jennifer became interested in employment law during her first year of law school. She has harnessed that passion ever since and enjoys staying up to date on the latest and newest developments in employment law. When away from work, Jennifer enjoys spending time with her family, traveling to new places, and practicing yoga.
More About Jennifer K. Hostetler
- J.D., cum laude, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2010
- B.A., magna cum laude, Criminal Justice, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2004
- Nevada, 2010
- Nevada Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Clark County Bar Association Publications Committee, Contributing Editor
- Howard D. McKibben Inn of Court, Member
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Group, Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
- Society for Human Resource Management SHRM, Member
- Christian Legal Society, Former President, 2008-2009
Honors & Recognitions
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Volunteer of the Month, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law – Management, 2021-2022
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Employment and Labor, 2019-2021
- Vegas Inc., Top Lawyers, Labor and Employment, 2021
- Nevada Business Magazine, Nevada's Top Attorneys - Government, Legal Elite, 2016-2017, 2019
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013-2015
- CALI awards for Lawyering Process II (Legal Writing), Advanced Legal Writing and Analysis: Litigation, Immigration Law, and Immigration Clinic
- Scribes, The American Society of Legal Writers Award
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2021 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 07/13/2021
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Lewis Roca Lawyers Recognized as 2020 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Press Release, 06/15/2020
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Attorneys Recognized as 2019 Mountain States Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 05/31/2019
- Press Release, 07/5/2017
- COMMUNIQUÉ , 02/1/2020,
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Chrisite LLP, 05/22/2018,
- Five Things Attorneys Need to Know About Sexual HarassmentCommuniqué, 2018-01-01,
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, 2017-09-26,
- Law360, 06/29/2017,
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, 06/20/2017,
- Five Things Attorneys Should Know About The Age Discrimination in Employment ActCommuniqué, 2016-01-01,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 04/30/2020
- Presenter, “Employment Law Update 2016,” Office of Attorney General CLE, November 2016
- Co-Presenter, “Avoiding Lawsuits on Employee Discipline,” Nevada Attorney General Law Enforcement Summit, August 2016
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/19/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  07/13/2021Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2021 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®
- Webinar |  06/29/2021