Chris is efficient, tactful, and collected under pressure. Clients appreciate his relaxed and clear communication style.
Chris Jorgensen is a partner in the firm's Litigation Practice Group. Chris focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, including product liability, class actions, and consumer finance cases, in state and federal courts. He has 25 years of litigation experience in Las Vegas, Nevada, representing manufacturers and distributors of products such as pharmaceuticals, medical devices and implants, asbestos, tobacco, tires, titanium, and aircraft.
Chris regularly collaborates as local Nevada counsel for companies and firms who do not have a presence or experience with Nevada courts and procedure. These companies and firms repeatedly return to him after experiencing his responsiveness and insight into the peculiar aspects of Nevada law and its elected state judiciary.
Rated an “AV/Preeminent Attorney” with Martindale-Hubbell, Chris is detail-oriented in his approach to all of his cases. He works closely with his clients to understand and meet their goals, is obsessively responsive to their inquiries, and is as aggressive as required to be to resolve the litigation or dispute.
Active in many professional organizations, Chris is a member of both the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) and the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC). He is also associated with the Defense Research Institute (DRI).
Chris is admitted in both Nevada and Virginia. He received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Utah, followed by a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Stephen J. Huffaker. He obtained his B.A. from Brigham Young University.
Chris is known for being someone who always steps up to the task and thrives under pressure. He is detail-oriented in his approach to all of his cases and works closely with his clients to understand and meet their goals. He enjoys the diversity of all his clients and cases and is obsessively responsive to their inquiries.
A recent client noted, “I want you to know what an outstanding job [Chris] did in successfully fulfilling the assignment. As a former investment banker, I have dealt with hundreds of lawyers and can tell you his actions were one of the best. [Chris] was immediately responsive to my calls on a daily basis and was extremely helpful in negotiating the successful terms [of the settlement] . . . . [Chris] has a very easy-going way of dealing with people, which was paramount in the success of his negotiations.”
More About J. Christopher Jorgensen
- J.D., University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law, 1994
- B.A., Brigham Young University, 1990
- Nevada, 1994
- Virginia, 1995
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- TAGLAW, Member
- Defense Research Institute DRI, Member
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel FDCC, Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel IADC, State of Nevada Membership Chair
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Brady v. SW Airlines Co. No. 2:14-CV-2139 JCM, 2015 WL 4074112 (D. Nev. July 6, 2015) (Granting dispositive motion on jurisdictional grounds).
- Christopher Jorgensen and Meng Zhong – Futch v. BAC Home Loans Servicing, LP, 573 F. App’x 636 (9th Cir. 2014) (affirming dismissal of wrongful foreclosure and quiet title claims).
- Christopher Jorgensen and Meng Zhong – Suet Fong Wong v. BAC Home Loans Servicing, LP, No. 2:11-CV-01608-GMN, 2012 WL 4868085, at *6 (D. Nev. Oct. 11, 2012) (granting BAC Home Loans Servicing, LP’s motion to dismiss unfair lending practices, deceptive trade practices, conspiracy, and numerous other claims).
- Christopher Jorgensen and Meng Zhong – Rivera v. Recontrust Co., No. 2:11-CV-01695-KJD, 2012 WL 2190710, at *5 (D. Nev. June 14, 2012) (granting motion to dismiss quiet title, wrongful foreclosures, and other claims).
- Christopher Jorgensen – Gothan v. World Sav. Bank, FSB, No. 3:10-CV-66-RCJ-WGC, 2012 WL 1716073, at *3-4 (D. Nev. May 11, 2012) (granting BANA/ReconTrust’s motion to dismiss unfair lending practices claim).
- Christopher Jorgensen and Scott Hoffmann – Gillespie v. Countrywide Bank FSB, No. 3:09-CV-556 JCM VPC, 2011 WL 3652603, at *4 (D. Nev. Aug. 19, 2011) (granting motion to dismiss FDCPA, unfair lending, and other claims).
- Christopher Jorgensen and Meng Zhong – Parker v. Greenpoint Mortg. Funding Inc., No. 3:11-CV-00039-ECR, 2011 WL 2923949, at *10 (D. Nev. July 15, 2011) (granting motion by BAC, MERS, and ReconTrust to dismiss FDCPA, unfair lending practices, wrongful foreclosure, quiet title, and other claims).
- Christopher Jorgensen – Martinez v. Bank of Am., No. 2:10-CV-01387-GMN, 2011 WL 1740146, at *2 (D. Nev. May 5, 2011) (granting BANA’s motion to dismiss Truth in Lending Act action).
- Christopher Jorgensen and Marvin Ruth – Clay v. Countrywide Home Loans, Inc., No. 2:09-CV-02040-RLH, 2011 WL 1541357, at *3 (D. Nev. Apr. 21, 2011) (granting Countrywide’s motion for summary judgment on fraud and promissory estoppel claims).
- Christopher Jorgensen – Labasan v. Countrywide Mortg. Ventures, LLC, No. 2:09-CV-02315-KJD, 2010 WL 3810008, at *5 (D. Nev. Sept. 20, 2010) (granting motion to dismiss foreclosure, fraud, quiet title, usury, and other claims).
- Christopher Jorgensen – Coward v. First Magnus Fin. Corp., No. 209-CV-01143-RCJ-GWF, 2009 WL 3367398, at *11 (D. Nev. Oct. 14, 2009) (granting Countrywide/MERS/ReconTrust’s motion to dismiss/motion for summary judgment on statutory, wrongful foreclosure, and other claims).
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2023
- Martindale-Hubbell, "AV/Preeminent Attorney" rating
- Vegas Inc., Top Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2022
- Honorable Stephen J. Huffaker, Nevada Eighth Judicial District Court
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/18/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 12/14/2016
- Press Release, 03/22/2016
- For the Defense, Published by DRI, 07/1/2017,
- Las Vegas Business Press, 06/26/2017,
- Speaker, "What Happens in Vegas Doesn't Always Stay in Vegas -- Anatomy of a Conspiracy and Its Legal and Ethical Implications for Defendants, Insurers, and Their Attorneys," Annual Meeting of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, 2012
- Featured Speaker, "Mass Tort Litigation Organization and Procedures," National Federation of Paralegal Association Conference, 2005
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/18/2022
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021