Problem Solving for the Insurance Industry
Insurance companies operate in a highly regulated industry and Lewis Roca is focused on helping our clients navigate the complexities of this business and regulatory environment. Our firm’s depth of insurance industry experience and the comprehensive services offered by our Insurance Practice Group allow us to offer a full range of insurance representation to insurers across the United States.
We have extensive litigation, regulatory, and transactional experience representing insurers and insurance-related organizations in a wide range of matters and with respect to all lines of business including life, health, annuity, title, and property/casualty.
- Coverage analysis
- Contract disputes
- Fraternal benefit societies
- Bad faith claims
- Class actions
- Reinsurance (including assumption reinsurance)
- Regulatory matters
- Guaranty associations
- Mergers and acquisitions (including joint ventures, asset, and stock sales)
- Receiverships and insolvencies
We also represent insurance claimants and defendants in complex commercial litigation in a variety of forums, including state and federal courts throughout the country, arbitrations, mediation, and administrative proceedings.
With a team of lawyers who specialize in ERISA litigation, Lewis Roca has handled hundreds of cases for insurers, employers, plans, and plan fiduciaries, in actions brought by plan participants and beneficiaries seeking benefits, and in actions brought by plan entities.
As we work closely with our insurance clients to determine needs and strategies, we have two principal goals: to provide responsive, consistent client contact and to deliver value to our clients through efficient and excellent work. At the outset of any representation, we work with the client to gain a full understanding of the precise scope of the insurance matters to be handled and the relative priorities. Throughout the relationship, we engage in active follow-up and meet regularly to discuss status, strategies, and budgets so that our clients get the most timely and cost-effective advice.
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Insurance Practice offers clients the following services:
• Guaranty Associations or Guaranty Funds and Insurance Insolvencies
• Regulatory and Government Relations
Legislative Planning and Advocacy
Regulatory Matters – Examinations, License Applications, Enforcement Proceedings
• Insurance Transactions
Insurance Agreements and Related Corporate Work
ERISA and Tax
For further detail about Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie’s comprehensive insurance practice services, click the following link: Problem Solving for the Insurance Industry
Latest from Lewis Roca
- Honors & Recognitions |  11/2/2023
- Honors & Recognitions |  07/12/2023Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2023 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®
- Honors & Recognitions |  11/3/2022Lewis Roca Nationally Recognized in the 2023 U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”