As a member of the firm’s Business Transactions Practice Group, Andrew Vanell represents clients in a variety of real estate matters. With a primary focus on leasing (commercial, retail, and industrial), Andrew represents clients from various industries. For example, he represents the world’s largest airline in the negotiation of sophisticated use and lease agreements, a large dental company in the negotiation of its office leases, and an international manufacturing company in the negotiation of its industrial space leases. Additionally, Andrew has experience in sales and acquisitions, development, and commercial lending.
Prior to his legal career, Andrew gained extensive experience in the banking industry, developing and implementing training programs focused on consumer and small business lending.
While in law school, Andrew held a clerkship with the Arizona Attorney General’s Office working in the Consumer Protection and Advocacy Section. He also interned for Southern Arizona Legal Aid, providing advocacy for mortgage clients.
Before joining Lewis Roca, Andrew served as a law clerk to Justice Ann A. Scott Timmer at the Arizona Supreme Court.
More About Andrew Vanell
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, Order of the Coif, 2013
- B.S., magna cum laude, Arizona State University, 2002
- Arizona, 2014
- Arizona Law Review, University of Arizona James E Rogers College of Law, 2011-2013
Honors & Recognitions
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Real Estate, 2023
- Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," Real Estate Law, 2021
- Outstanding Performance in Legal Writing and Oral Advocacy
- CALI awards (highest grade), Secured Transactions, Federal Income Tax, Business Reorganization in Bankruptcy, and Accounting for Lawyers
- Justice Ann A. Scott Timmer, Arizona Supreme Court
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/6/2023
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/6/2023
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021