Andrew F. Dixon is of counsel in the firm’s Business Transactions Practice Group. His adept navigation of a broad range of transactional matters allows him to serve his clients’ needs in a variety of engagements, including real estate acquisitions and dispositions, commercial leasing, mergers and acquisitions, and a host of other commercial transactions. He routinely assists his clients with real estate purchases and sales, title reviews, commercial leases (retail, office, and industrial), asset purchase and sales, stock/membership interest purchases and sales, promissory notes, guarantees, pledge and security agreements, legal opinions, and the review and drafting of loan documents. His clients include a wide array of businesses including contractors, land owners, developers, shopping center owners, landlords, tenants, lessors and lessees of commercial goods (including aircraft and aircraft parts, vehicles, construction equipment, etc.), lenders, franchisors, and franchisees. Andrew also assists clients with asset protection and general estate planning, including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney.
Originally trained as a business and commercial litigator, Andrew's experience allows him to counsel his clients with a unique forward-looking approach. He also has extensive experience representing debtors and creditors in bankruptcy matters (Chapters 7, 11 and 13), thus understanding all aspects of the business cycle. He has litigated real estate, business, and commercial disputes, mechanic’s liens, collections, and judgment-enforcement matters in state and federal courts throughout the State of Nevada and has enjoyed a substantial local counsel practice, assisting attorneys and law firms from around the United States with legal issues arising in Nevada.
For fifteen years, Andrew was a partner at Bowler Dixon & Twitchell LLP in Las Vegas, Nevada, managing all aspects of a law firm. He commenced his legal career as a commercial litigation associate with Beckley Singleton, Chtd. (which merged with Lewis Roca in 2007) in Las Vegas, Nevada. While in law school, he served as Judicial Extern to the Honorable Robert C. Jones, United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Nevada (later, Federal District Court Judge). He also is a published author, legal education lecturer, and has had his litigation work lead to notable published opinions.
In his spare time, Andrew enjoys spending time with his wife and four children, outdoor sports, experiencing new restaurants, and serving in his community and church. He is fluent in Spanish.
More About Andrew F. Dixon
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Nevada-Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2003
- B.A. International Studies, Brigham Young University, 1999
- Nevada, 2003
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Lead counsel to seller of large, multi-tenant shopping center anchored by Wal-Mart.
- Represent multiple shopping center owners in all leasing matters, including litigation arising out of leases.
- Lead counsel to seller of assets of regional pet resort, boarding, and daycare businesses, with assets in multiple states.
- Lead counsel to seller in sale of substantially all stock of seller’s online commerce business.
- Represent general contractor in acquisition of assets of existing subcontractor, including real estate.
- Extensive representation of purchasers and sellers in numerous multi-million-dollar real estate acquisitions/dispositions; due diligence and title reviews; and real estate closings.
- Represent purchaser in multi-million-dollar acquisition of the assets of a national sandwich shop franchisor with assets in multiple jurisdictions.
- Lead counsel in numerous and extensive high dollar asset purchases and sales and multiple stock/LLC interest purchases and sales, including the drafting of all accompanying documents and instruments.
Honors & Recognitions
- Vegas Inc., Top Lawyers, Real Property, 2023
- Super Lawyers, Business & Corporate Law and Real Estate, 2014-2023
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Business & Corporate Law, 2009-2013
- Nevada Legal Elite, Nevada Business Magazine, 2013, 2017, 2018
- Top Lawyer, Business, Desert Companion Magazine, 2014
- Perfect 10 AVVO Rating
- Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2023 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 07/12/2023
- Press Release, 06/30/2022
- Honors & Recognitions |  07/12/2023Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2023 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®
- Press Release |  06/30/2022
- Webinar |  06/29/2021