Clients from all over the world rely on Nina Ward for her ability to draft and negotiate complex commercial transactions such as strategic sales and acquisitions and cross-border finance, operational, manufacturing, leasing, and subleasing contracts. Her practice focuses on the aviation industry, but she represents clients in a broad range of industries, including the banking, securities, private offerings, and real estate industries, where she demonstrates experienced legal and regulatory due diligence to protect her clients’ contractual interests.
Nina’s aviation industry expertise includes the representation of aircraft owners, lessors, lessees, and lenders in structuring, implementing, and closing acquisitions, sales, secured financings, finance leases, operating leases, and other commercial and private aircraft transactions and related regulatory matters. She regularly counsels clients in U.S.-based and international transactions involving the manufacture, supply, and support of aerospace products and services, as well as in government contracting and subcontracting, including contract award, compliance, and administration.
More About Nina Gawne Ward
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2003
- M.S., Natural Resources, University of Michigan, 2004
- B.A., magna cum laude, Middlebury College, 1999
- Colorado, 2004
- Sale of an EU-based airline conducting cargo operations and unscheduled passenger flights. The transaction involved complex legal, tax, operational, regulatory, and due-diligence issues across nine countries and four continents.
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts for all aspects of repair station facilities, including maintenance, repair, and overhaul agreements for aircraft components, and exchange, lease, and consignment agreements.
- Acquisition, leasing, subleasing, sale, and financing of passenger and cargo aircraft in cross-border transactions in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America. (Nina has experience in rejection and restructures of leases in bankruptcy, repossession of aircraft, and international registry filings for transactions covered by the Cape Town Convention.)
- Representation of aircraft operator in a financing lease of aircraft imported into the U.S. where the lessee and sub-lessee would change the configuration of the aircraft and put them into operation within the U.S. Nina worked on the contracting, deregistration, registration, and regulatory aspects of the transaction.
- Representation of aircraft component manufacturer in negotiation of manufacturing, supplier, and subcontractor agreements.
- Representation of aerospace defense contractor in the negotiation, successful award, and administration of government contracts and subcontracts for the U.S. government’s procurement of goods and services.
- Press Release, 06/5/2019
- Press Release, 06/3/2019
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021
- Press Release |  06/5/2019