Nick Bauman is a trial court litigator whose practice focuses on commercial litigation, including partnership disputes, real estate litigation, contract disputes, business torts, and bankruptcy proceedings. Nick has experience in a variety of industries, including real estate, financial services, health care, and agriculture.
Clients turn to Nick for his personable approach and understanding of how legal issues affect overall objectives. Nick strives to gain a deep understanding of his clients’ businesses and objectives. He uses that knowledge to tailor his approach to each dispute and, in collaboration with his clients, develop a strategy based on his clients’ goals.
Nick has significant experience in the courtroom. He first-chairs trials and emergency relief hearings, and clients also count on Nick to handle oral arguments on dispositive motions and other critical issues.
When appropriate, Nick also looks for ways to resolve disputes outside of the courtroom on terms that are advantageous to his clients. He prides himself on crafting creative solutions to problems that promote his clients’ goals.
Prior to joining the firm, Nick served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert M. Brutinel of the Arizona Supreme Court. During law school, Nick was an Articles Editor for the Arizona Law Review. Nick leverages that experience to craft persuasive written work product.
In his free time, you can find Nick spending time with his family; trying new craft beers; or cheering on the Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, or Arizona Wildcats.
More About Nick Bauman
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, Order of the Coif, 2014
- B.A., Political Science, University of Arizona, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Board Member, 2022-present
- Arizona Equal Justice Foundation, Board Member, 2022-present
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Phoenix Chapter, President, 2020-2021; Vice President, 2019-2020; Treasurer, 2019; Secretary, 2018-2019; Board Member, 2018-present
- Younger Lawyers Division, Member
- Lead counsel in obtaining a pre-judgment writ of attachment that “froze” more than $600,000 of the defendants’ assets after an evidentiary hearing. In the same case, Nick obtained an order requiring the opposing party to reimburse his client for attorney’s fees and costs.
- Obtained summary judgment in a lawsuit seeking $64 million of damages for breach of fiduciary duty and intentional interference.
- Prevailed in obtaining discovery sanctions, including attorneys’ fees and costs, after an evidentiary hearing.
- Lead counsel in multiple post-judgment collection proceedings obtaining significant assets for clients.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," Commercial Litigation, 2021-2023
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2020-2023
- Phoenix Business Journal, Valley's Next Generation of Legal Leaders, January 2021
- Honorable Robert M. Brutinel, Arizona Supreme Court
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/6/2023
- Press Release, 12/6/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/18/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/7/2022
- Press Release, 01/10/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/8/2021
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/6/2020
- Press Release, 04/4/2017
- Press Release, 03/22/2016
- Can They Do That? Commonly Misused Phrases in Pleadings and DiscoveryArizona Attorney, 11/1/2018,
- ABA Business Bankruptcy Committee, 10/29/2018,
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, 10/1/2018,
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, 09/19/2016,
- False Start: New Arizona Rules Help Prevent Premature Notices of AppealArizona Attorney, 2013-12-01,
- Extraneous Prejudicial Information: Remedying Prejudicial Juror Statements Made During Deliberations55 Arizona Law Review 775, 2021-02-17,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 11/30/2022,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 01/5/2022
- Presenter, "Getting ‘IT’ Right: Making ESI Manageable,” District of Arizona Annual Conference, August 2022
- Moderator, "Practicing During the Pandemic," The Federal Bar Association Phoenix Chapter Webinar, September 2020
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/6/2023
- Press Release |  12/6/2022
- Blog |  11/30/2022