Nicholas Bauman is a trial court litigator whose practice focuses on legal malpractice and commercial litigation, including disputes within companies, breach of contract, business torts, breach of fiduciary duty, and bankruptcy proceedings. Nicholas has experience in a variety of industries, including the lending, health care, real estate, and agriculture industries.
Nicholas has significant experience in the courtroom. He has first-chaired a jury trial in U.S. District Court, argued motions, and handled evidentiary and injunctive relief hearings.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicholas served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert M. Brutinel of the Arizona Supreme Court. During law school, Nicholas served as an articles editor for the Arizona Law Review and as an extern to the Honorable Peter J. Eckerstrom of the Arizona Court of Appeals.
More About Nicholas S. Bauman
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, Order of the Coif, 2014
- B.A., Political Science, University of Arizona, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Phoenix Chapter, President, 2020-present; Vice President, 2019-2020; Treasurer, 2019; Secretary, 2018-2019; Board Member, 2018-present
- Younger Lawyers Division, Member
- State Bar of Arizona Section on Trial Practice and Procedure, Member
- First-chaired a four-day jury trial in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona.
- Assisted with obtaining summary judgment for a lawyer and his firm in a lawsuit seeking $64 million of damages for breach of fiduciary duty and intentional interference.
- Obtained several favorable pre-trial rulings concerning admissibility of evidence after oral argument.
- Prevailed in obtaining discovery sanctions at an evidentiary hearing.
Honors & Recognitions
- Phoenix Business Journal, Valley's Next Generation of Legal Leaders, January 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch", Commercial Litigation, 2021-2022
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2020-2021
- Nick Bauman and Rachel Nicholas Recognized as Valley's Next Generation of Legal LeadersPhoenix Business Journal , 01/29/2021
- Honorable Robert M. Brutinel, Arizona Supreme Court
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/8/2021
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/6/2020
- Press Release, 04/4/2017
- Press Release, 03/22/2016
- Can They Do That? Commonly Misused Phrases in Pleadings and DiscoveryArizona Attorney, 11/1/2018,
- ABA Business Bankruptcy Committee, 10/29/2018,
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, 10/1/2018,
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, 09/19/2016,
- False Start: New Arizona Rules Help Prevent Premature Notices of AppealArizona Attorney, 2013-12-01,
- Extraneous Prejudicial Information: Remedying Prejudicial Juror Statements Made During Deliberations55 Arizona Law Review 775, 2021-02-17,
- Moderator, "Practicing During the Pandemic," The Federal Bar Association Phoenix Chapter Webinar, September 2020
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/19/2021
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021