Lew provides excellent strategic industry guidance rooted in years of experience resulting in practical, business-minded solutions and positive outcomes.
Lew Schorr is a partner in the firm’s Business Transactions Practice Group. As one of the firm’s most experienced real estate lawyers, Lew assists clients with transactions, including real estate sales and purchases, financing, subdivision, development, leases, real estate related dispute resolution, and many other aspects of commercial real estate practice.
Lew has also been active in firm management through his prior memberships on the firm's Executive, Finance, Hiring, and Business Development Committees and as the former Practice Group Leader of the firm's Business Transactions Practice Group.
Private companies, local companies, multinational investment platforms, and institutional investors alike turn to Lew for his ability to skillfully tailor his representation to their unique business needs. Lew regularly advises companies at various life-cycle stages in developing and executing core strategies, long-range planning, and portfolio management. He is driven to find creative but practical solutions that advance his clients’ goals. He does not believe there is a blueprint for success, but does credit the positive outcomes he has achieved to providing consistently excellent client service.
In his free time, Lew enjoys skiing the snowy slopes of the Rocky Mountains. He also enjoys open water swimming and participating as a member of a masters swim team.
More About Lewis D. Schorr
- J.D., with highest distinction, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, Order of the Coif, Phi Beta Kappa, 1984
- B.A., with highest distinction, University of Arizona, 1981
- Arizona, 1984
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Planning and Allocations Divisions of United Way of Greater Tucson, Former Member
- Alliance for the Mentally Ill of Southern Arizona, Former Board Member
- Tucson Jewish Community Center, Former Board Member, Advisory Council Member
- Arizona Theatre Company, Former Board Member
- Technical Committee of the Southern Arizona Home Builders Association, Former Member
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee of the City of Tucson, Former Member
- Real Property Section of the State Bar of Arizona, Member
- Southern Arizona Leadership Council, Former Member
- Represented one of his longest-standing clients in the negotiation, documentation and closing of a sale and purchase of an approximately 300,000 sq. ft. ground leased complex located in Skysong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Represented a prominent national insurance company in connection with multiple significant real estate purchases and investments in real estate ventures involving residential and office projects located in various states.
- Represented an Arizona-based real estate investment group over a 25-year period in the acquisition and disposition of numerous major commercial, industrial, and apartment projects located in Arizona and other states, as well in connection with the financing and leasing of those projects. Lew represented that group in negotiating, structuring, and documenting a 19-property industrial portfolio sale transaction.
- Represented a Nevada-based development company in the assemblage of 4,000 acres in southern Arizona for mixed-use master planned community.
- Represented a Tucson-based development company in the sale of, and negotiation and documentation of a development agreement for, a 100-acre industrial site to be used by national big-box retailer for 1,000,000+ square foot internet sales fulfillment center.
- Represented a Tucson-based foundation in a complex ground lease transaction involving improvements divided into separate hotel and student housing condominium units.
- Served as counsel to a national multifamily residential developer in connection with complex mezzanine/senior debt financing of its projects.
- Represented a development company in the sale of land to a national big-box retailer for a new store location. That representation also included the negotiation of a development agreement with a municipality, the buyer and an adjacent landowner for the construction and cost-sharing of on and off-site improvements for the development.
- Represented Phoenix-based developer in the negotiation and documentation of a complex ground lease and built-to-suit leases for a state-of-the-art medical research building located on the campus of a world-renowned health care provider.
- Served as lead counsel for the acquisition and financing of a ground-up hotel and office development located in the Camelback corridor of Phoenix, Arizona.
- Represented a San Diego-based investment company in the acquisition and disposition of numerous multifamily projects, including "broken condo" projects, located in Arizona, California, and Oregon and in the modification of condominium documentation to allow such transactions.
- Represented the new owner/developer of a former regional mall site in Phoenix in the acquisition and financing of that project and in connection with re-development issues.
- Represented an international cement and materials company in numerous transactions and negotiations over a 15-year period involving its ownership, use of operation of real estate assets, including transactions and negotiations with private and governmental entities.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America - Lawyer of the Year, Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C., Real Estate Law, 2001-2022, (2020 Tucson real estate “Lawyer of the Year”)
- Chambers USA, Real Estate, 2019-2022
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Real Estate: Business, 2007-2021
- Phi Beta Kappa and Order of the Coif
- Martindale-Hubbell, "AV/Preeminent Attorney" rating
- Arizona Theatre Company, "Georgy Award," 2011
- Arizona's Finest Lawyers, 2011
- AZ Business Magazine, Top Lawyers, 2010
- Honors & Recognitions, 06/1/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 05/20/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/8/2021
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Press Release, 04/24/2020
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/6/2020
- Press Release, 08/15/2019
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/25/2019
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Lawyers Recognized as 2019 Southwest Super Lawyers® and Southwest Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 04/15/2019
- Press Release, 08/15/2018
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Lawyers Recognized as 2018 Southwest Super Lawyers® and Southwest Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 04/23/2018
- Press Release, 08/15/2017
- Press Release, 04/11/2017
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/15/2016
- Press Release, 04/12/2016
- Honors & Recognitions |  06/1/2022
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/19/2021
- Webinar |  06/29/2021