Laura’s representation of high-profile clients solidifies her reputation as a true leader and expert in her field.
Laura Lo Bianco brings more than 20 years of experience to her role as a partner in the firm’s Business Transactions Practice Group. With a focus on corporate law and transactional matters, she advises clients in the areas of business counseling, the formation of organizations, mergers and acquisitions, and compliance with the law and best practices.
Laura also advises various tax-exempt entities, such as private foundations, public charities, schools, support organizations, and other entities that are tax-exempt under the Internal Revenue Code. She also guides clients through mergers and acquisitions; the purchase, sale and lease of real property; and with the negotiation of contracts.
Reliable, competent, and timely are words clients have used to describe Laura’s working style. Clients enjoy her systematic approach and ability to streamline high volumes of various matters. Laura dedicates the time required to assess her client’s legal needs and comprehends their preferred communication style. She is excellent at meeting deadlines, achieving results, and has experience managing competing priorities. She believes consistent communication with her clients is essential and paramount to their success.
Laura’s favorite place for family time is the beach, collecting shells and enjoying the ocean breeze.
More About Laura A. Lo Bianco
- J.D., cum laude, Santa Clara University School of Law, 1996
- B.S., magna cum laude, Arizona State University, 1993
- Arizona, 1996
- Arizona Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Valley of the Sun United Way, Board Member
- Desert Botanical Garden, Trustee
- Desert Botanical Garden Foundation, Board Member
- Arizona State Bar, Member
- Business Law Section of the Arizona State Bar Association, Executive Council Member, 2006-2014
- ASU Lodestar Center for Philanthropy & Innovation, Former Instructor, Nonprofit Management Institute
- Phoenix Public Library Foundation, Former Board Member
- Represented acquisition of assets of public charity by another public charity.
- Represented school in sale of assets to private entity.
- Represented numerous public charities and private foundations in obtaining tax exemption from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Represented public charity in merger with another public charity.
- Represented buyer in acquisition of multiple entities in the real estate development business.
- Represented borrower in restructuring of debt with multiple lenders.
- Represented shareholders of closely held businesses in governance and management matters.
- Represented buyer in acquisition of condominium complex.
- Represented sellers in multistate, high-end restaurant business.
- Represented public charity in divestiture of a portion of activities.
- Represented buyer in acquisition of business relating to providing electrical products and services to heavy industry.
- Represented buyer in acquisition of business relating to manufacture of product and provision of services to oil and gas industry.
Honors & Recognitions
- Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona, Corporate Law and Transactional Matters, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate and Nonprofit/Charities Law, 2013-2021
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate, Nonprofit Organizations, 2016-2021; Top 25 Arizona Women Lawyers List, 2019, 2020
- AZ Business Magazine, AZ Business Leader, Nonprofit Law, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America - Lawyer of the Year, Nonprofit/Charities Law, 2016
- Martindale-Hubbell, "AV/Preeminent Attorney" rating
- Laura Lo Bianco and Susan Freeman Named Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona 2021AZBusiness, 01/1/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/8/2021
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/6/2020
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Attorneys Recognized as 2019 Southwest Super Lawyers® and Southwest Rising Stars®04/15/2019
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Chrisite LLP, 07/17/2018,
- Advocating for BusinessLegal Guide 2016, 2016-07-01,
- Invest in Our Community: Do Nonprofits Impact Our Economy?InBusiness Magazine, 03/1/2016,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 02/2/2021,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 04/10/2020,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 01/7/2020
- Speaker, "Structuring Church Operations," Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, 02/06/2020
- Co-Presenter, "Forming a Tax-Exempt Entity: State and 501(c) Considerations," Stafford, 12/04/2019
- Speaker, "Representing Churches and other Charitable Religious Organizations - Practical Tips and Issue Spotting for Outside Counsel," SBA McAuliffe CLE Center, 11/07/2018
- Panelist, "Sustaining Your Social Enterprise: Busting the Myths," U.S. Trust, 10/16/2018
- Presenter, Nonprofit Board Boot Camp, American Nonprofit Academy, 2018
- Speaker, "The Legal Role," Boardroom Basics/Business on Board, Nonprofit Training for Arizona Business Professionals, ongoing
- Speaker, "Fundraising Through Cause Marketing and Related Activities," Fennemore Craig and Northern Trust Nonprofit Seminar Series, 01/26/2017
- Speaker, "Strong Boards Lead to Effective Organizations," ASU Lodestar Center 24th Annual Nonprofit Conference on Sustainability Strategies, 10/2016
- Speaker, "Points from a Grantmaker's Perspective," Fennemore Craig and Northern Trust Seminar Series, 05/2016
- Speaker, "Managing Risk Through Good Governance," Jewish Community Center Executive Conference, 02/2016
- Speaker, "Lobbying and Election Year Representation of Nonprofits," Arizona State Bar, 01/2016
- Speaker, "Let's Talk About Fundraising – The Legal Side," Fennemore Craig and Northern Trust Seminar Series, 10/2015
- Speaker, "Gift Acceptance Policies: What They Can Do for You, and What They Can't Do for You," Planned Giving Round Table of Arizona, 06/2013
- Speaker, "Nonprofit Directors: Overview of Legal Responsibilities and Best Practices," MyLaw CLE, 06/2013
- Speaker, "Tax-Exempt Organizations from Start to Finish," National Business Institute, 11/2012
- Speaker, "Establishing and Maintaining a 501(c)(3)," National Business Institute, 06/2012
- Speaker, "Obtaining and Maintaining Tax-Exempt Status," Lorman Education Services, 02/2012
You May Also Like
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021
- Webinar |  02/25/2021
- Webinar |  02/18/2021