Kristen knows litigation. Her clients rely on her to provide insightful advice and experienced advocacy in complex commercial contract, fraud, and business tort lawsuits.
Kristen Martini is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Kristen's practice is primarily focused on civil and commercial litigation at the federal and state court levels, where she represents clients in complex commercial contract, fraud, and business tort lawsuits. She often practices in Clark County's specialty business courts. Her appellate practice includes appearing before the Nevada Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Additionally, Kristen has employment law experience defending employers on issues concerning worker’s compensation, unemployment claims, unlawful employment practice claims, claims of negligent hiring, supervision and training, and vicarious liability. She has also conducted mediations and settlement conferences presided over by both mediators and judges.
Prior to joining the firm, Kristen served as a judicial law clerk to Justice James Hardesty of the Nevada Supreme Court.
Kristen is known for her attention to detail, industry knowledge, preparedness, and diligent communication style. Her critical thinking skills are underscored by her enthusiasm to go the extra mile for all of her clients. Competitive by nature, Kristen focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and truly enjoys it. Her clients admire her ability to temper a wide range of opinions and expectations while handling matters, and harmonize and coordinate with larger teams of legal professionals. Kristen’s due diligence, thoughtfulness, and skillful foreshadowing guarantee clients always understand the various avenues, rewards, and risks associated with their case. Clients can rely on her to provide a tactful plan to overcome issues.
Kristen has an outgoing personality and a witty sense of humor, and she integrates her natural artistic talents into every aspect of her life. When she is not in the office, Kristen revisits her years as a former professional dancer and takes dance classes. She also enjoys cooking, playing basketball and swimming with her two boys, and roughhousing with them at the trampoline park.
More About Kristen L. Martini
- J.D., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2008
- B.S., cum laude, Pre-law; Minor, Speech Communications, University of Nevada, Reno, 2005
- California, 2010
- Nevada, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Nevada Supreme Court
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Washoe County Bar Association, Member
- Appellate Litigation Section of the Nevada State Bar, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Renown Health Network, Member, Community Advisory Board, 2016-2019
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, 2024
- Women of Achievement Award, Nevada Women's Fund, 2022
- Nevada Business Magazine, Northern Nevada's Top Ranked Attorneys, 2022
- Benchmark Litigation, Labor and Employment Star, 2020-2022
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney, Rising Star, 2015-2018; Super Lawyer, 2019-2020, 2023
- Nevada Business Magazine, Northern Nevada's Legal Elite, "Top 75" and "Northern Nevada's Top Attorneys," Business and Commercial Litigation, 2012, 2020
- Nevada Supreme Court – Law Clerk, Justice James Hardesty
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada, Extern, Judge Larry Hicks
- Washoe County District Court, Extern, Judge Peter Breen
- Lewis Roca Lawyers Recognized as Legal Elite 2020Nevada Business Magazine , 06/1/2020
- Justice James Hardesty, Nevada Supreme Court
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/17/2023
- Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2023 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 07/12/2023
- Press Release, 10/3/2022
- Press Release, 07/11/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 09/22/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 10/14/2020
- Lewis Roca Lawyers Recognized as 2020 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Press Release, 06/15/2020
- Press Release, 01/13/2020
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Attorneys Recognized as 2019 Mountain States Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 05/31/2019
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Lawyers Recognized as 2018 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 06/11/2018
- Press Release, 06/7/2017
- Honors & Recognitions, 06/14/2016
- Honors & Recognitions, 05/6/2016
- Chapter 13: General Provisions Governing DiscoveryNevada Civil Practice Manual, 01/1/2016,
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/17/2023
- Honors & Recognitions |  07/12/2023Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2023 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®
- Press Release |  10/3/2022