A member of the firm’s Executive Committee, Greg Lampert has more than 30 years of experience in intellectual property law, with emphasis on U.S.-based and international intellectual property counseling, litigation, prosecution, and licensing. He has specific proficiency in the areas of mechanical and electromechanical arts.
Greg has particular technical experience in the fields of printed circuit board and integrated circuit test fixtures, test equipment, and contact products; duty gear, including ballistic vests, holsters, and electrical discharge weapons; aerospace; medical devices, including prosthetics; oil drilling technology; soldering equipment; communication vaults and custom motorcycle parts and accessories.
As a senior practitioner with both U.S.-based and international experience, Greg is able to guide clients through complex cases. He manages the firm's plant patent practice and trademark portfolios for growers and nurseries through preparation and prosecution of U.S.-based and international plant patent and breeders' rights registrations and clearance and trademark registrations.
For more than 30 years, Greg has anchored his practice around client service. His ability to view issues through both a technical and legal lens offers a competitive advantage to the companies, inventors, and businesses he counsels. From advising marketing teams on trademarks to assisting inventors through the patent process, Greg enjoys combining the creative perspective his clients provide with his legal knowledge to protect their brands and solutions. Although Greg focuses his practice on transactional intellectual property law, he has experience representing clients in litigation matters as well.
Greg is a classic car collector and restores American muscle cars from the 60s and 70s. When he’s away from work, Greg also enjoys riding his Harley Davidson motorcycle.
More About Gregory S. Lampert
- J.D., University of Dayton School of Law, Law Review, 1990
- B.S., Industrial Systems Engineering, The Ohio State University, 1987
- California, 1990
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Glendale Bar Association, Member
- Pasadena Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Built dominant worldwide patent portfolios in the fields of printed circuit board and integrated circuit test fixtures, test equipment and contact products, and telecommunications enclosures.
Secured numerous plant patents and breeders' rights registrations and worldwide trademark portfolio for a grape breeding program.
Manages extensive trademark portfolio for one of the country's largest nurseries.
- Obtained numerous patents for ballistic vest technology for police and military applications.
- Obtained U.S.-based and international patent portfolio for non-rotating drill pipe protector technology and related drilling technology; below ground communication vaults and soldering equipment and systems.
- Successfully enforced key patent for Fortune 50 company regarding personal care product in a billion dollar per year market.
- Conducted a number of intellectual property due diligence analyses in support of acquisitions of high technology companies in the printer industry.
- Conducted extensive patent infringement and validity studies forming the basis to enter the non-lethal weapon industry.
Honors & Recognitions
- San Fernando Valley Best Lawyers, 2015
- Pasadena Best Lawyers, 2010-2013
- Press Release, 03/4/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 12/27/2016
- Press Release, 01/4/2016
You May Also Like
- Press Release |  03/4/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  12/27/2016
- Press Release |  01/4/2016