Abby Harder is an associate in the firm's Litigation Practice Group and associate co-lead of the firm’s Class Actions Group. Abby’s diverse practice includes representation of clients in commercial litigation, including class action, trade secret, real estate, antitrust, and close corporation and partnership disputes. Abby has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in all phases of litigation, including dispositive motions, discovery, jury trials, bench trials, arbitration proceedings, and appeals.
Abby has broad experience handling discovery in litigation involving significant e-discovery and data management issues. Her focus is on providing cost-effective e-discovery solutions while ensuring critical electronic data is captured and used to bolster her clients’ case.
Before joining the firm, Abby attended the University of Colorado Law School, where she worked as a law clerk for a small municipal law firm; completed an internship with Chief Justice Nancy E. Rice, Colorado Supreme Court; and was a member of the school’s Champion National Telecommunications Moot Court Competition team.
Known for her tireless dedication to client service, Abby builds close, long-term relationships that enable her to identify and address client needs proactively. Abby remains focused on achieving clients’ business objectives by providing creative and cost-effective strategies that offer favorable outcomes. Clients benefit from her ability to work well with opposing counsel without sacrificing strong advocacy.
Abby is a native of rural Colorado and enjoys exploring remote areas of the state. She spends her free time outdoors where she enjoys running, skiing, hiking, and camping.
More About Abby Harder
- J.D., University of Colorado Law School, Order of the Coif, 2016
- B.A., Political Science, Colorado State University, University Honors Scholar, 2012
- Colorado, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Convention Committee
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, Infrastructure Committee and Public Affairs Council
- Rose Andom Center, Young Professionals Council
- Represented Plaintiff in a contract dispute over a litigation financing agreement in which the Plaintiff’s former partners breached the agreement by retaining more than their share of a $151 million dollar settlement. After filing a complaint and engaging in discovery, obtained a settlement in favor of our client for the entire amount owed under the agreement and all of our client’s lawyers’ fees and costs.
- Obtained certification of a class of plaintiffs following outbreak of food-borne illness at a famous luxury hotel in San Diego, California. Case was resolved successfully on favorable terms for members of the class.
- Represented financial institution in theft of trade secret litigation in Wyoming state court, including motions practice, trial preparation, and examining witnesses at trial. Our team obtained a negative inference sanction for spoliation of electronic evidence and a seven-figure verdict for client after a two-week jury trial, including punitive damages.
- Represented defendant shareholder in a large, family-held close corporation in litigation seeking dissolution of the company. Following extensive discovery, case was resolved successfully on favorable terms for our client and the corporation.
- Represented national auto insurance company in antitrust lawsuit against numerous international auto parts manufacturers. Case resolved successfully on favorable terms for our client.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2024
- Colorado Super Lawyers - Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2022-2023
- Rothgerber Teaching Fellow, Constitutional Law, 2015
- National Telecommunications Moot Court Competition, Champion, 2014
- Colorado Appellate Advocacy Competition, Best Oralist, 2013
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/17/2023
- Honors & Recognitions, 03/6/2023
- Honors & Recognitions, 03/4/2022
- Press Release, 10/19/2016
- Law Week Colorado, 01/6/2020
- Reclaiming the Right of Beneficial UseUniversity of Colorado Law Review, 05/1/2016
- Speaker, "Releases in Class Action Settlements: Strategies for Defining, Negotiating, and Drafting Enforceable Relief," Strafford CLE Webinar, January 2022
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/17/2023
- Honors & Recognitions |  03/6/2023
- Honors & Recognitions |  03/4/2022