Lewis Roca has years of experience crafting solutions to help entrepreneurs launch new business ventures – and revolutionize industries.
From choosing the proper business structure to creating custom licensing strategies and protecting IP capital, we provide the practical legal advice and industry-specific knowledge our clients need to flourish in their endeavors. We represent investors and emerging growth companies in emerging industries – such as science and technology, energy, health care and life sciences, and gaming, among others – from formation to commercialization, IPO, or acquisition.
For new businesses seeking to protect intellectual capital and establish a competitive advantage, our IP lawyers stand ready to leverage their time-tested insights and deep technical knowledge. Our team works closely with patent examiners at the United States Patent and Trademark Office on behalf of startup organizations, drawing on decades of experience to secure the broadest possible protection and obtain granted patents both in the U.S. and abroad.
Incubator and Accelerator Programs
We maintain close relationships with incubator and accelerator programs, providing immediate value to program participants through strategic legal counseling as well as a wide array of programming. Services include:
- Attending demonstration programs where participants showcase their business model, underlying technology, and vision for commercialization of the technology, allowing us to gain a better understanding of their needs and provide customized legal advice
- Participating in business development dinners where participants and investors have the opportunity to meet our lawyers, network, and learn more about what each party brings to the table
- Presenting intellectual property educational programs
- Providing discounted or pro bono legal assistance to participants up to a set hour or fee amount in order to accommodate questions arising outside of a standard program
Latest from Lewis Roca
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021