Shaun is attentive, thoughtful, and analytical. His clients rely on him to protect their interests in cost-effective ways.
Shaun Lee assists clients in protecting their intellectual property assets, specifically though patent prosecution, trademark prosecution, and enforcement, as well as Internet law and domain name issues. With a degree in electrical and computer engineering, Shaun advises clients on protecting inventions in a variety of technologies, including radar, power electronics, wireless communications protocols, user interfaces, and machine learning as applied to digital signal processing, natural language processing, and computer vision. Shaun also works with startup companies to identify cost-effective ways to develop and protect their intellectual property rights.
Prior to and during law school, Shaun was an analyst at Latham & Watkins LLP, where he helped patent litigators develop non-infringement and invalidity positions, search for prior art, analyze competitor products for infringement, and present technical concepts in lay terms.
Shaun enjoys drawing, computer programming, making music, and skiing.
Shaun’s passion is to help clients achieve their visions. He enjoys working with creative clients to protect their products and ideas. Shaun draws from his experience and knowledge to tailor his client service and strategies to better fit his clients’ circumstances. He prioritizes connection with his clients on a personal level to better understand their values and their inventions.
Shaun’s interest in intellectual property began in elementary school, when his father started a second career as a patent lawyer and told stories, over the dinner table, of conversations with inventors about their inventions.
More About Shaun P. Lee
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 2009
- B.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 2005
- California, 2009
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- California Bar Association, Member
- Prosecuted patents related to display technologies and green energy for a major multinational conglomerate.
- Prosecuted and managed a portfolio of over 40 patents for a startup company.
- Enforced trademarks against infringers.
- Drafted patent non-infringement and invalidity opinions.
- Press Release, 01/10/2019
- Lewis Roca Blog, 05/28/2020,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 04/30/2020,
- Presenter, "Success and Failure Yield Entrepreneurial Insights," Caltech Entrepreneurs Forum, January 2019
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021
- Client Alert |  05/28/2020