Nancy White advises international and U.S.-based clients, both companies and individuals, in connection with day-to-day business matters as well as more significant transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, private placements of debt and equity securities, equipment and real property leases, secured and unsecured loans, loan workouts, and refinancing transactions. Her practice extends from the U.S. to Europe, Asia, Central America, and South America. Product and services distributors, real estate contractors and developers, borrowers and lenders, manufacturers, research, medical, and financial institutions, and utility companies call on Nancy to successfully guide them through their business transactions. She receives referrals based on the trust she establishes with each client and her client’s counterparties and their counsel due in part to her collaborative manner and her understanding of clients’ cross-border commercial interests.
Nancy provides cost-effective solutions on matters from routine to complex. She often advises clients on contracts with both foreign and U.S.-based goods and services providers, and she provides structural advice and counsel in connection with innovative financing transactions.
Nancy is also generous with her time and talents in the Phoenix community. She provides pro bono legal services to several nonprofit organizations and individuals through Phoenix’s Volunteer Lawyers Program. Additionally, Nancy serves as vice chair of the Board of Directors of First Place®, an Arizona-based nonprofit that serves adults with autism and other special needs. She has also held leadership positions with the Centers of Habilitation, the Phoenix Chamber of Commerce, the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Xico, Inc., and the Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center.
More About Nancy L. White
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 1981
- B.A., DePauw University, 1975
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- DNA People's Legal Services, Board Member
- DePauw University, Board of Visitors
- Corporate and Banking Law Section, State Bar of Arizona
- Committee on Securitization, American Bar Association
- International Law Section, American Bar Association
- Law Practice Management, American Bar Association
- Corporate, Banking, and Business Law Section, American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona, State Bar Task Force on Diversity, Former member
- State Bar of Arizona Business Law Section, Former member of the Executive Council
- First Place, Vice Chair of the Board of Directors
- The Centers of Habilitation, Former member of the Board of Directors
- The Phoenix Chamber of Commerce, Chair of the NAFTA Task Force
- The Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Former member of the Board of Directors
- Xico, Inc., Former member of the Board of Directors
- The Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center, Former member of the Board of Directors
- Representing apparel designers and manufacturers in connection with real estate purchases and sales and retail leasing throughout the United States.
Representing national medical and research institutions in connection with facilities needs in Arizona and California.
Representing the purchasers of a specialty manufacturer of semiconductor components and related purchase money debt and equity financings, and the subsequent $38 million merger of the manufacturing company with and into the subsidiary of a public company.
Representing an Arizona produce grower and shipper in connection with a $65 million secured loan made by a syndicate of commercial banks and in connection with real estate acquisitions.
Advising issuers of approximately $5 billion of asset-backed securities in public offerings and private placements.
Advising, structuring, and negotiating the $10 million sale of an agricultural equipment lessor to a national equipment rental company.
Representing the sellers of a human resources technology company and a medical office management software company.
Advising large commercial banks and specialty financiers in the origination, modification, and workout and collection of multimillion-dollar unsecured and secured lines of credit and term loans to domestic and international borrowers.
Representing money center banks and foreign financial institutions in transactions in which the borrower and/or significant collateral are located in and/or governed by the laws of Arizona and California.
Representing several regional produce growers and shippers in connection with the consolidation of assets and operations, and the separations of assets and operations into independent lines of business.
Representing the special purpose subsidiary of a domestic utility company in structuring an $85 million investment in the development of infrastructure required for the delivery of electric power, potable water, and wastewater treatment services to a large multi-use resort development in Mexico.
Representing U.S. distributors of imported products, with U.S., Mexican, and South American operations, in negotiating contracts with foreign manufacturers of products and providers of services.
Assisting foreign nationals with their business transactions in Arizona and California, including a multimillion-dollar acquisition by a Japanese company of an operating division of an international manufacturing company.
Representing management in a leveraged buy-out of an international distribution company from its corporate parent in UK receivership proceedings.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2001-2022
- AZ Business Magazine, "Top 100 Arizona Lawyers," 2015-2019
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2007-2016
- Southwest Super Lawyers, "Top 25 Women," Arizona, 2013-2014
- AZ Business Magazine, Arizona's Top Lawyers: Securities and Corporate Finance, 2011-2014
- Arizona Business Magazine, "Fifty Most Influential Women in Arizona Business," 2012
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, 2011
- Arizona Business Magazine, "Top Businesswomen," 2011
- Four Lewis Roca Lawyers Named AZBusiness Leaders 2020AZBusiness, 11/22/2019
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Press Release, 08/15/2019
- Press Release, 06/3/2019
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/19/2021
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021