Through honest communication and clear expectations, Meng works with confidence to advance his clients' goals.
Intellectual Property Litigation
Meng has handled a wide array of complex intellectual property litigations at both the trial and appellate levels and in both Nevada and other jurisdictions for some of the biggest and most well-known institutions and companies around the world. Recently, Meng successfully resolved a multi-hundred million dollar lawsuit for a financial company involving the misuse of its trademark. Before that, Meng helped a software company pursue numerous counterfeiters across the country, resulting in over a million dollars in recovery. Meng frequently helps clients in securing the permanent removal of websites that infringed the client's trademark and copyrights. Meng is also experienced in defending companies both in and outside the courtroom regarding the rights of publicity.
Meng is very proud of his pro bono work with the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, especially his role as a legal advocate for children in the Juvenile Court under the Children’s Attorney Project. He was recently recognized for his commitment to pro bono service as the recipient of the Myrna Williams Children’s Pro Bono Award, as well as the firm’s 2019 John P. Frank Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year.
More than a lawyer, Meng is a trusted teammate to his clients. He approaches every matter from his client’s perspective and enjoys the process of thinking through and solving complex issues and problems to produce pragmatic and effective results for the client.
Meng grew up in Las Vegas. In college, he decided to follow in his father’s footsteps and attended law school. Shortly after joining the firm, he quickly developed a passion for intellectual property and has been working in this field ever since. Meng enjoys spending time with his family, watching crime documentaries, and is a fan of The Office and Game of Thrones (seasons 1-7).
More About Meng Zhong
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2010
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2006
- California, 2022
- Nevada, 2010
Honors & Recognitions
- World Trademark Review, WTR 1000, The World's Leading Trademark Professionals, 2023
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada 2022 Honor Club
- Nevada Business Magazine, Southern Nevada's Top Ranked Attorneys, 2022
- Vegas Inc., Top Lawyers, Intellectual Property, 2022
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Intellectual Property Litigation, 2013-2022
- Nevada Business Magazine, "Southern Nevada's Top Lawyers," Legal Elite, 2020
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Myrna Williams Children’s Pro Bono Award, 2019
- John P. Frank Pro Bono Awards Luncheon, "Pro Bono Attorney of the Year," 2019
- Lewis Roca Lawyers Recognized as Legal Elite 2020Nevada Business Magazine , 06/1/2020
- Lewis Roca Awarded for 100% Participation in Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada's 2019 Associate Challenge11/13/2019
- Lewis Roca Lawyers Recognized as Leading Trademark Professionals in 2023 World Trademark Review (WTR) 1000 DirectoryHonors & Recognitions, 02/21/2023
- Lewis Roca Recognized For Its Commitment and Dedication to Pro Bono Services by Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada in 2022Honors & Recognitions, 12/21/2022
- Lewis Roca Announces 16 Lawyers Named 2022 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 07/12/2022
- Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2021 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 07/13/2021
- Lewis Roca Lawyers Recognized as 2020 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Press Release, 06/15/2020
- Press Release, 01/13/2020
- Honors & Recognitions, 12/18/2019
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Attorneys Recognized as 2019 Mountain States Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 05/31/2019
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Lawyers Recognized as 2018 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 06/11/2018
- Honors & Recognitions, 06/14/2016
- Press Release, 03/22/2016
- Thomson Reuters - Westlaw Today, 08/25/2021
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Bulletin, 02/10/2021,
- Protecting Your Clients' Trade Secrets and Proprietary Info Before and After DiscoveryClark County Bar Association, Communique, 08/1/2019
- Lewis Roca Blog, 12/5/2022,
- Co-presenter, "Intellectual Property: Protecting Your Ideas and Your Business," Ask-a-lawyer, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, October 2018
- Honors & Recognitions |  02/21/2023Lewis Roca Lawyers Recognized as Leading Trademark Professionals in 2023 World Trademark Review (WTR) 1000 Directory
- Honors & Recognitions |  12/21/2022Lewis Roca Recognized For Its Commitment and Dedication to Pro Bono Services by Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada in 2022
- Blog |  12/5/2022