Jun-Young Jeon is a partner in Lewis Roca’s Intellectual Property Practice Group, and is chair of the firm's Korea Business Team. For more than 20 years, Jun has represented Korea-based businesses in the U.S. and internationally.
Jun’s focus is on practices before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and counseling and opinions for clients primarily in the Republic of Korea and the U.S. In particular, Jun has extensive experience with handling patent prosecution and portfolio management of cases originating from countries outside of the U.S., especially Korea. For example, Jun and his team have successfully prosecuted to issuance thousands of patents before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Early in his legal career, Jun has prepared several hundred patent applications directed to a variety of different technologies and technical fields, in particular, to electrical and electronic arts. Jun has particular technical proficiency in the fields of energy storage and power systems, including secondary batteries, battery management systems, automobile power systems and fuel cells, display devices, OLEDs, LCDs, analog and digital electronics, and semiconductor devices (including video/graphics chip and memory devices).
Prior to his legal career, Jun worked in the aerospace industry for several years as an engineer in various space and defense programs.
More About Jun-Young E. Jeon
- J.D., Southwestern University School of Law, 1999
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, California State University, Long Beach, 1995
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 1991
- California, 1999
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Pasadena Bar Association, Member
- Glendale Bar Association, Member
- KOTRA Korea TradeInvestment Promotion Agency Los Angeles, IP Desk Consultant, 2013-2014
- "Brief Review of Patent Exhaustion," Multinational Technology Company, October 2015
- “Latest in U.S. Design Patent Law and Practices,” Various Korean companies and law firms, March 2015
- “Patent Comparisons of U.S. IT Companies,” Multinational Technology Company, November 2014
- “IDS Case Law / Inequitable Conduct,” Various Korean companies and law firms, January 2014
- “U.S. Patent Filing and Prosecution Strategy under America Invents Act,” KOTRA conference, June 2013
- “Transition Application Practice Under First-to-File System of America Invents Act,” Various Korean companies and law firms, May 2013
- “America Invents Act Patent Law and Practice Before and After,” Various Korean companies and law firms, November 2011
- “Maximizing Strength and Scope of U.S. Patents,” Multinational Technology Company, April 2010
- Semiconductor and Materials Science
- Computer Systems and Software
- Energy Storage Systems
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Displays and Touch Screen Panels
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
- Manufacturing, Machinery, and Equipment
- Mining and Manufacturing
- Science and Technology