Joseph “Joe” Chandler regularly helps clients, companies, and individuals achieve their business objectives through their respective real estate investments. Joe routinely assists property owners through all phases of commercial and high-end residential acquisitions and dispositions. Joe also negotiates and prepares office, retail/restaurant, industrial warehousing, agricultural, and land leases for landlords, tenants, and project developers. He counsels clients with real property issues arising from realty financing, property management, and land use agreements. He also has considerable experience representing clients in the acquisition of resource exploration and mining sites, telecommunications sites, solar fields, and waste disposal facilities. In addition, Joe has extensive experience serving in the vital role of outside general counsel for prominent family offices.
During the 2008 economic downturn, Joe gained essential knowledge for assisting lenders and borrowers with negotiating forbearance agreements and loan workouts, as well as the sale and assumption of loans. During the ensuing years, he represented numerous property managers as court-appointed receivers for management of distressed assets, including the sale of receivership assets and properties. He also represented commercial tenants on lease restructures for continue operations.
More About A. Joseph Chandler
- J.D., cum laude, University of San Diego School of Law
- M.P.A., University of Arizona
- B.A., cum laude, University of Arizona
- Arizona, 1999
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Valley Youth Theatre, Board of Directors Member, 2013-present; Board of Directors Chair, 2018-present
- Phoenix Art Museum, Men's Arts Council, Former Board Member; Member, 2002-present
- Represented the seller of the Red Setter Inn, located on the banks of the Little Colorado River in Greer, Arizona.
- Represented the seller of the historic David and Gladys Wright House, a 1950’s Frank Lloyd Wright residence, near Phoenix, Arizona.
- Represented the seller of a 61,000 square foot, fully leased office complex on 4 acres in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Represented a family home office in the negotiation of an option agreement for development of a solar facility on 1,800 acres in northern Arizona.
- Represented the lender of a $13,500,000+/- loan secured by an industrial manufacturing and warehousing project in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Represented the seller of “Villa Paradiso,” a 32,000+ square foot residence and guest house on 7+/- acres and the adjacent 5+/- acre vacant parcel in Paradise Valley, Arizona.
- Represented the buyer of mid-century modern retail center for an adaptive reuse project in central Phoenix.
- Represented the buyer of the former Shangri-La Resort in Paradise Valley, Arizona.
- Represented the seller of a 13,000+/- square foot residence on 1.4+ acres in a gated golf course community.
- Represented a Fortune 200 company affiliate in the acquisition of a 750+ acre southern Arizona cattle ranch, including associated mineral and water rights.
- Represented a group of 28 tenants-in-common investors in the $23.5 million sale of a 220,000+ square foot leased office building located in Tempe, Arizona.
- Represented sellers and their affiliate in the $76,000,000 sale and lease-back of approximately 577,000 square feet of corporate offices and refrigerated warehouse distribution centers on approximately 60 acres.
- Negotiated for seller a sale for approximately $20 million of a 108,000 square foot office complex with a leaseback by a seller related entity.
- Represented a publicly traded real estate investment trust in the $136.5 million acquisition of a 1.06 million square foot office and retail complex.
- Represented the seller of patented mining claims associated with 950+ acres in Pima County, Arizona.
- Represented the seller in the sale of a $32,000,000 fully-leased office complex in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Represented the buyer in the assemblage of $28,000,000 in agricultural properties in Avondale, Arizona.
- Represented the buyer in the purchase of an $11,000,000 office complex in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Represented the seller in the sale of a $8,000,000 fully-leased office building in Tempe, Arizona.
- Represented the seller in the sale of a $3,200,000 patented mining claim in Pinal County, Arizona.
- Represented the tenant in the lease of a 25,500 square foot industrial building in Phoenix, Arizona.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2016-2024
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Real Estate, 2020-2021
- Legal 500 US, Recommended Attorney, Real Estate, 2011-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell, "AV Rated"
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/17/2023
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/18/2022
- Press Release, 09/3/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/17/2023
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/18/2022
- Press Release |  09/3/2021