Jacob Schellinger’s practice focuses on advising tribal leaders and governments regarding Indian Law and policy issues, including economic development, taxation, gaming, energy, leasing, natural resources, and Indian lands.
Through his practice, Jacob proactively devises advocacy strategy to promote tribal priorities and produce desired outcomes. His experience includes drafting tribal ordinances, regulations, resolutions, policies, and management plans to advance his clients' goals and comply with applicable federal and tribal law. He also routinely monitors federal and state legislative, regulatory, and other legal developments related to tribal client interest areas.
Jacob’s previous experience serving as Vice President of Government Relations for the National Congress of American Indians and as counsel for the Office of the Vice Chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Indian Affairs has given him the opportunity to engage with numerous tribal leaders, congressional members and staff, agency officials, interest groups, and others regarding legislation, regulatory activity, and legal matters affecting tribal governments.
More About Jacob B. Schellinger
- J.D., Arizona State University - Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, 2012
- B.A., History, University of Minnesota, 2008
- Arizona, 2014
- Stockbridge-Munsee Band of Mohican Indians, Tribal Member
- Native American Bar Association of DC, Member, 2016-present
- State Bar of Arizona, Indian Law Section, Member, 2014-present
- Native Vote, Polling Place Observer at Gila River Indian Community, 2014
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Mentorship Program, 2013-2014
- National Native American Law Students Association, Moot Court, Coach, Spring 2014; Student Coach, Spring 2012; Competitor, Spring 2011
Honors & Recognitions
- National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development, Native American 40 Under 40, 2020
- Dean's Award and Indian Law Certificate, 2012 Recipient
- Pedrick Scholar, 2011-2012
- U.S. Department of Justice, Udall Internship, 2011
- Press Release, 11/23/2020
- Press Release, 06/11/2020
- Indian Country Today, 04/24/2020
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021
- Press Release |  11/23/2020