Angela Vichick is a litigator who represents individual and institutional clients in various complex civil disputes. Angela’s practice focuses on business and real estate litigation involving business tort, contract, civil theft, derivative, fiduciary, fraud, fraudulent/preferential transfer, interpleader, probate, receivership, and quiet title claims (e.g., those involving adverse possession, easements, foreclosure, and spurious documents). Angela’s extensive advocacy experience includes dispositive motions practice, evidentiary hearings, settlement proceedings, arbitrations, bench and jury trials, post-trial proceedings and enforcement of judgments, as well as appeals before the Colorado Court of Appeals, Colorado Supreme Court, and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Angela’s practice was based in Aspen, Colorado, before she was invited to serve as an inaugural law clerk and judicial assistant for Justice Melissa Hart of the Colorado Supreme Court.
Clients turn to Angela for her strategic approach to evaluating claims and collateral legal issues, in addition to her ability to optimize case management and decision-making during each phase of litigation. Angela is known for her tenacity in seeking out solutions to legal issues, as well as her writing abilities.
Angela is also an active member of both the Denver and Roaring Fork Valley communities. Passionate about education, housing stability, and small business issues, Angela is a frequent CLE presenter and guest lecturer on those topics, regularly provides related pro bono services, and is a lead high school mock trial program coach, moot court volunteer, and mentor to students pursuing careers in law.
Angela is an avid reader, a beginner cellist, and enjoys true crime podcasts.
More About Angela M. Vichick
- J.D., University of Colorado Law School, 2013
- B.A., English Literature, Philosophy, University of Colorado, 2009
- Professional Certificate, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2014 National Session Trial Advocacy Program
- Graduate Certificate, Paris Institute on International and Comparative Law, International Business Contracts and Transactions, 2012
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Bar Association Memberships:
- Colorado Bar Association (Business & Real Estate Subsections)
- Denver Bar Association
- Pitkin County Bar Association
- Director, Colorado Hispanic Bar Association Foundation, 2021-Present
- Pro Bono Committee Chair, Colorado Hispanic Bar Association, 2020-Present
- Committee Member, Colorado COVID-19 Legal Relief/Small Business Legal Assistance Program, 2021-Present
- Lead Coach, Arrupe Jesuit High School Mock Trial, 2018-Present
- Mentor, Law School Yes We Can Colorado (Arguello Dream Catchers), 2018-Present
- Executive Board Member, Rose Andom Center - Young Professionals, Council, 2019-Present
- Co-Instructor and Teaching Fellow, University of Colorado Law School's Education and the Constitution Seminar; Coach, 2019 National Marshall-Brennan High School Moot Court Competition, 2018-2019; Presenter, Byron White Center's Constitution Day Program, 2011-2013, 2018
- Faculty of Federal Advocates, Attorney Volunteer, Bankruptcy Pro Bono Program, 2016-2017
- Aspen Young Professionals Association, Vice President, 2017; Treasurer, 2015-2017
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Justice Melissa Hart, Colorado Supreme Court
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Press Release, 06/8/2021
- Press Release, 08/1/2019
- Presenter, "Lease Renegotiation for Small Businesses," Mi Casa Resource Center in partnership with the Colorado Hispanic Bar Association, March 2021
- Moderator, "Preserving Your Issues and Making Your Record for Appeal", Colorado Litigators' Summit, 2019
- Presenter, "Our State Courts," Our Courts Colorado, April 2019
- Guest Lecturer, "Housing & Evictions," Poverty Law Seminar, University of Colorado Law School, March 2019
- Presenter, "WiLD—Women in Law Day," University of Colorado Law School, Women's Law Caucus, March 2019
- Presenter, "Colorado Landlord-Tenant Law," Aspen Young Professionals Association, August 2016
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/19/2021
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Press Release |  06/8/2021