Amy Wills is of counsel in the firm’s Appellate and Litigation practice groups. Amy’s practice includes all aspects of litigation, with an emphasis on appeals and complex commercial litigation. She represents businesses and individuals in a wide range of areas, including antitrust, civil rights, class actions, constitutional law, contractual disputes, immigration, insurance coverage, intellectual property, legal malpractice, and employment matters.
Amy has authored appellate briefs to the Colorado Court of Appeals, Colorado Supreme Court, Illinois Supreme Court, Nevada Supreme Court, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, a petition for certiorari to the United States Supreme Court, and has argued successfully to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition to appellate work, Amy handles all aspects of federal and state court litigation at the trial level. Amy also has an active pro bono practice and has represented individuals before state and federal trial and appellate courts in both civil and criminal matters. Prior to entering private practice, Amy served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Herbert J. Hutton, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the Honorable Mary Beck Briscoe, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
More About Amy D. Wills
- J.D., cum laude, Temple University, Beasley School of Law, Dean's List, 2005
- B.A., with honors and high distinction, Pennsylvania State University, Schreyer Honors College, Dean's List, 2001
- Colorado, 2010
- Illinois, 2007
- New Jersey, 2006
- Pennsylvania, 2005
- Colorado State Judicial District Courts
- Colorado Court of Appeals
- Colorado Supreme Court
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Colorado Women's Bar Association
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Successfully defended religious institution in employment discrimination and civil rights suit, obtaining summary judgment for client on all claims.
- Successfully mediated dispute involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty against an insurance company resulting in settlement of all claims.
- Successfully extricated client from binding arbitration based on prior bankruptcy in multi-million dollar aviation insurance dispute.
- Successful appeal and oral argument before Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in immigration case seeking reversal of agency decision.
- Co-chaired two-day federal bench trial in Hague Convention suit.
- Developed briefings for various commercial litigation cases, involving a wide range of substantive areas, before federal and state appellate courts.
- Served as commentator/panel member for numerous mock oral arguments to help counsel prepare for oral arguments before federal and state appellate courts.
- Drafted numerous successful and complex motions to state and federal trial courts as research and writing specialist for litigation team.
- Honorable Herbert J. Hutton, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Honorable Mary Beck Briscoe, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Press Release, 04/4/2017
- Press Release, 03/22/2016
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021
- Press Release |  04/4/2017