Amanda L. Thatcher
Clients depend on Amanda for overall strategic planning and benefit from her ability to deliver effective solutions.
Amanda Thatcher is a partner in Lewis Roca's Business Transactions and Tax practice groups, where she represents clients in a variety of business and personal planning matters. Equipped with an MBA and a background in litigation, Amanda offers a full-service approach when advising her clients.
Amanda regularly advises corporate clients in a variety of matters, including entity formation, financing, governance, mergers and acquisitions, and succession planning. In her estate planning practice, Amanda helps her individual clients with their estate and tax planning needs, including identifying which strategies and legal instruments are best-suited to each client’s individual needs and anticipated life situations. Having clerked for the Arizona Court of Appeals and litigated for a number of years, she brings a unique perspective to help her clients plan for the unexpected.
Amanda has a proven track record that demonstrates her ability to build solid, respectful working relationships with clients, colleagues, and opposing counsel. Her “can-do” attitude focuses on solutions and problem-solving measures, not obstacles. Clients and colleagues alike value her integrity, dependability, and self-motivation. Amanda brings a high level of expertise, responsiveness, and organization to all matters.
Outside of the office, Amanda enjoys spending time with her husband and three children, usually outdoors and anywhere from the beach to the mountains.
More About Amanda L. Thatcher
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of New Mexico School of Law, Order of the Coif, 2013
- M.B.A., University of New Mexico, 2013
- B.A., magna cum laude, California State University, Fullerton, 2010
- New Mexico, 2016
- Colorado, 2015
- Arizona, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- TerraLex, Member Representative
- American Bar Association, Business Law and Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Sections
- State Bar of Arizona
Member at Large, Executive Council of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar Association
Arizona Women Lawyers Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Represented a client in the acquisition of a manufacturing company.
- Represented a client in the acquisition of a pet grooming business.
- Represented a client in the sale of a distribution company.
- Represented a client in the sale of an oil field service business.
- Represented a nonprofit in obtaining a multiple year retroactive recognition of tax exemption from the IRS.
- Represents for profit and nonprofit clients in governance matters.
- Represents clients in formations, entity conversions, and restructurings.
- Represents high net worth individuals in business planning and mergers and acquisitions.
- Represents clients in estate and tax planning and non-probate transfers.
- Represents clients in probate and trust administration.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," Tax Law, 2021-2023; Trusts and Estates, 2023
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Business/Corporate, 2020-2023
- Honors in Clinical Law Award, 2013
- Corporate and Business Law Excellence Award, 2013
- New Mexico Law Review, Manuscript Editor, 2012-2013
- Hon. Patricia K. Norris of the Arizona Court of Appeals
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/6/2023
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/18/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/7/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/8/2021
- Press Release, 01/14/2021
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Honors & Recognitions, 04/6/2020
- Statutes of Limitations: ArizonaThomson Reuters- Practical Law, 03/17/2022
- California State University, Fullerton - Business, 03/25/2021,
- Thomson Reuters - Practical Law, 02/9/2021
- ERISA Report, 2016-08-01,
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/6/2023
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/18/2022
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/7/2022