Alfredo Alonso is a principal in the firm and the chair of the Nevada Government Relations Practice. He works extensively in both northern and southern Nevada. He contributes his experience in government relations, legislative affairs, county and municipal relations, election management, and campaign finance. Prior to joining Lewis Roca, Alfredo was a government affairs manager with Lionel Sawyer & Collins in Reno, Nevada.
Alfredo served as deputy press secretary and as legislative assistant for Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs for former Senator Jacob “Chic” Hecht from 1985-1989. He was subsequently retained by Congresswoman Vucanovich as her senior legislative assistant where he was responsible for the development of legislation that affected gaming, small business, foreign affairs, and banking, among other issues. He also served as the Congresswoman’s policy analyst for the Committee on House Administration.
Upon his return to Nevada, Alfredo served as deputy to Secretary of State Cheryl Lau. During his tenure as deputy secretary of state, he served as the state’s election administrator and was responsible for assisting in the drafting and advocating for the much heralded election reform laws of the 1993 legislature.
More About Alfredo T. Alonso
- B.A., George Washington University, 1988
- Step2, Board Member
- Nevada State College Trustee
Honors & Recognitions
- John P. Frank Pro Bono Awards Luncheon, Recognized for commitment, Pro bono service
- Press Release, 03/22/2016
- Legally speaking: Looking ahead to the 2019 Nevada Legislature10/30/2018,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 08/13/2020,
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021
- Client Alert |  08/13/2020