Modern business operations face a broad range of environmental challenges in the American West, including an arid environmental setting; scarce water resources; and vast areas of public lands owned and controlled by state, federal, tribal, and other governmental jurisdictions. Our environmental and natural resources team, in collaboration with the firm’s Energy and Utilities and Indian Tribal Nations Practice Groups, assists clients in addressing land management, utilities development, water supply, air and water quality, mining, public land, tribal, and other natural resource concerns.
Entities across industries and jurisdictions must maintain a crucial balancing act: keeping operations cost-effective while hewing to stringent environmental laws and regulations at every level of government. For decades, Lewis Roca has helped clients navigate the complex, highly visible, and emotionally charged hurdles that proliferate in this regulatory environment. Our extensive practical experience in both business and government allows us to craft highly effective strategies that ensure compliance and enhance market position.
Whether seeking advice regarding permits, compliance, enforcement, contract negotiations, litigation, or agency relations and rulemakings, clients have access to the full breadth of our firm’s capabilities. Multidisciplinary services include:
- Tort and insurance: counseling on all aspects of insurance coverage litigation, including coverage disputes involving environmental claims and toxic chemical liability issues
- Bankruptcy: advising on the effects of bankruptcy on both business and environmental issues
- Labor and employment: counseling on workplace compliance issues, such as exposure to toxic and environmental hazards
- Tribal affairs: assisting tribes, tribal enterprises, and non-tribal entities doing business with tribes or on tribal lands
- Government relations: assisting clients at the federal, state, and local levels in complying with and shaping the environmental and natural resources laws and regulations that govern their business environment
Our areas of focus include:
Latest from Lewis Roca
- Insight |  Summer 2022Federal Water Quality - U.S. Supreme Court Stays Vacatur of CWA 401 RuleRead more>
- Honors & Recognitions |  06/1/2022
- Insight |  12/8/2021