Yuan Yuan Zhang is a patent agent in Lewis Roca’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. Her strengths include patent prosecution, portfolio management, and working with clients to set filing strategies. Clients also turn to Yuan Yuan for help with their long term IP strategies, competitive landscape analysis, portfolio development, and the timing of patents. She prosecutes patents in chemistry, chemical engineering, and related technical fields.
Prior to joining the firm, Yuan Yuan was the intellectual property manager for Avery Dennison Corporation. Her responsibilities included managing the patent portfolio, developing and implementing IP strategies, drafting and prosecuting patent applications, conducting in-depth technology evaluation, mapping patent landscapes, licensing, etc. Prior to that, she was a research scientist at Avery Dennison.
Yuan Yuan’s Ph.D. in chemical engineering, along with her work experience, provides a strong foundation for IP strategy, research, and assisting clients in chemistry, electrical engineering, biology, and mechanical engineering. She is fluent in Mandarin.
More About Yuan Yuan Zhang, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota, 1997
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, TsingHua University, 1991
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Association, Member, 2012-present
- Assisted in building the patent portfolio in the photo-voltaic assembly technology for Avery Dennison Corporation.
- Led the development and deployment of an IP strategy for switchable adhesive technology for Avery Dennison Corporation.