Nicole’s attentive and energetic approach quickly zeroes in on critical issues to formulate the strategy most likely to ensure a positive outcome.
Nicole Scott is a litigator, focusing her practice within the alcohol beverage industry and other complex litigation matters. Clients turn to Nicole for her help at all levels of the dispute process. She has assisted clients with informal dispute matters, mediation and settlement conferences, and hearings related to trial phases, including:
- Temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions
- Complex discovery disputes
- Dispositive and pre-trial motions
- Practicing before administrative agencies (including the Nevada Department of Taxation, Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development, Nevada Governor’s Office of Energy, and Nevada Transportation Authority)
Nicole also practices in the area of health care, assisting clients with guardianship petitions. With her M.B.A. in finance, Nicole is able to advise clients both in litigation and other corporate-related matters.
Nicole also assists clients with licensing and regulatory matters related to business licensing and liquor licensing in all cities and counties within the state of Nevada, and at the state level. She has drafted legislation for the alcohol industry while also representing both retailers and wholesalers seeking to obtain and maintain licensing throughout the state of Nevada.
Nicole has received several awards from the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada for her hours of pro bono service. Prior to joining Lewis Roca, Nicole served as a law clerk for the Honorable Chief Justice Hardesty at the Nevada Supreme Court.
Nicole leverages her background in education, real estate development, and finance to form creative approaches and solutions. With strength across practice areas, Nicole works diligently to address and anticipate matters her clients may face. Her work ethic is unparalleled, and her clients appreciate her genuine interest in solving their issues. Nicole thrives in meeting new challenges, crafting new solutions, and working through different dynamics.
Nicole is creative at heart. In her free time, she enjoys dancing, painting, reading, and golfing. As the former coach for the University of Nevada’s Dance Team, she also spends her free time teaching dance and judging dance competitions throughout the country.
More About Nicole Scott
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2014
- M.A., Secondary Education, University of Nevada, Reno, 2011
- M.B.A., with distinction, Finance, Hawaii Pacific University, 2004
- B.S.B.A., with distinction, Economics and Finance, University of Nevada, Reno, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- Nevada Supreme Court
- Represented a media company in a complex accounting arbitration dispute obtaining a successful multimillion-dollar award.
- Represented a wine maker in a lawsuit against a wholesaler successfully defending injunction motions through appeal. McGee & McGee Wine Merchants, LLC v. JaM Cellars, Inc. No. 70172 (Nev. March 17, 2017).
- Represented an importer/wholesaler of alcoholic beverages in a lawsuit against a supplier for improper termination. The case ultimately settled favorably for the client.
- Represented a winemaker in a lawsuit against a wholesaler regarding the termination of the franchise. The case ultimately settled favorably for the client.
- Represented a trust beneficiary in appeal to Nevada Supreme Court, affirming district court order in favor of the client.
- Represented a leading geothermal energy provider in renewable tax energy abatement applications before the Governor’s Office of Energy.
- Represented a sports and media company pursuing expansion project in Nevada with incentive application to the Governor’s Office of Economic Development.
- Represented multiple retailers in obtaining liquor licenses throughout the state of Nevada.
Honors & Recognitions
- Nevada Business Magazine, Northern Nevada's Top Ranked Attorneys, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," Commercial Litigation, 2022-2023
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2021-2022
- Nevada Business Magazine, Legal Elite, "Best Up and Coming" and "Northern Nevada's Top Attorneys," 2019-2021
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada Pro Bono Award 100 plus hours, 2018
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada Pro Bono Award 50 plus hours, 2017
- William S. Boyd Outstanding Graduate Award, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2014
- Nevada Law Journal (Law Review), University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Editor-in-chief, 2013-2014
- National Order of Scribes Award, The American Society of Legal Writers
- CALI Awards, Contracts; Wills, Trusts and Estates; Immigration Law
- Society of Advocates, Moot Court Team
- Lewis Roca Lawyers Recognized as Legal Elite 2020Nevada Business Magazine , 06/1/2020
- Honorable Chief Justice Hardesty, Nevada Supreme Court
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/18/2022
- Lewis Roca Announces 16 Lawyers Named 2022 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 07/12/2022
- Press Release, 01/10/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2021 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 07/13/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 05/27/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/18/2022
- Honors & Recognitions |  07/12/2022Lewis Roca Announces 16 Lawyers Named 2022 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®
- Press Release |  01/10/2022