Dale is a litigator and is known for being an excellent writer and legal researcher. Clients and colleagues turn to Dale with complex, hard-to-win issues, and Dale prides herself on turning difficult situations into winning arguments. Dale brings expertise to appeals and a wide variety of business and intellectual property matters, including claims related to contracts, statutory interpretation, banking, insurance, trademark, copyright, false advertising, negligence and intentional acts, and administrative regulation. Dale represents clients in litigation, arbitration, negotiating settlements, and interacting with agencies who regulate their businesses.
Clients appreciate Dale’s responsiveness and how she approaches each matter with energy and an intense attention to detail. Known for her thoroughness, she will work all night if need be to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work.
Before joining the firm, Dale clerked for two years for the Honorable Susan R. Bolton, U.S. District Court Judge for the District of Arizona. While attending Yale Law School, Dale worked with the Worker and Immigrant Rights Advocacy Clinic, where she represented immigration detainees and argued in federal court. In 2010, Dale served as a legal intern with the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia at The Hague.
More About Dale (Malani) Kotchka-Alanes
- J.D., Yale Law School, 2011
- B.A., summa cum laude, Loyola Marymount University, 2008
- Nevada, 2013
- Arizona, 2012
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Children/Youth Group Leader & Teacher, 2011-Present
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society, 2009-2011
- Marians Service Organization, assisting low income women and children, Volunteer, 2006-2008
- Baale Shelter for Street Girl Children orphanage in Bangalore India, Volunteer, 2006
- Vista Treatment Center helping teenagers struggling with eating disorders, Volunteer, 2004
- Lions for Learning elementary school tutoring program, After-School Instructor/Tutor, 2004
- Obtain reversal of administrative decision purporting to void thousands of title loans and establish that disagreement with agency interpretation does not constitute willfulness.
- Obtain Nevada Supreme Court order establishing that state deficiency statute was preempted as applied to foreclosure subsidiary of FDIC transferee.
- Draft successful motion to dismiss federal RICO and securities fraud claims.
- Draft successful briefing resulting in dismissal of complaint alleging breach of annuity policy against life insurance company.
- Draft successful motion to dismiss fraudulent inducement claim in dispute between a gaming company and one of its suppliers.
- Help secure dismissal of patent infringement claim against cash access technology company, convincing court that patent was directed to a patent-ineligible abstract idea.
- Successfully oppose motion to quash subpoena issued to discover identity of anonymous domain name registrant.
- Obtain preliminary injunction against former insurance agent related to breach of non-compete agreement and trade secret misappropriation.
- Obtain favorable settlement and stipulated permanent injunction against former pest control employee related to breach of non-compete agreement.
- Obtain favorable settlement in which competitor agreed not to use client’s name in advertising in trademark infringement and false advertising case.
Honors & Recognitions
- Vegas Inc., Top Lawyers, Immigration, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch" Litigation- Intellectual Property, 2023, 2024
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2018-2023
- John P. Frank Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award, 2016
- Honorable Susan R. Bolton, U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/17/2023
- Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2023 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 07/12/2023
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/18/2022
- Lewis Roca Announces 16 Lawyers Named 2022 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 07/12/2022
- Press Release, 01/10/2022
- Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2021 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 07/13/2021
- Lewis Roca Lawyers Recognized as 2020 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Press Release, 06/15/2020
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Attorneys Recognized as 2019 Mountain States Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 05/31/2019
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Lawyers Recognized as 2018 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 06/11/2018
- Press Release, 04/4/2017
- Honors & Recognitions, 06/14/2016
- Press Release, 03/22/2016
- For the Defense, Published by DRI, 07/1/2017,
- October 2017 – National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) Trial Skills Training in San Diego, California
- December 2016 – National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) Deposition Training in Boulder, Colorado
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/17/2023
- Honors & Recognitions |  07/12/2023Lewis Roca Announces 18 Lawyers Named 2023 Mountain States Super Lawyers® and Mountain States Rising Stars®
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/18/2022