For more than three decades, Kevin Olson has guided leading organizations in Arizona and across the U.S. through every phase of business, from corporate formation and capitalization to operations and distribution. His practice emphasizes general corporate advice, mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate finance, and other commercial transactions, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and equity finance.
Kevin serves as outside general counsel for companies, including Rockford Corporation, Community Medical Services, Westminster Village, Royal Oaks Retirement Community, and Friendship Village of Tempe. He has also represented businesses inside and outside Arizona, including Alkaline Water Company, Global Solar Energy, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, and Rand Worldwide.
In his role as outside general counsel, Kevin advises clients about day-to-day operations, including issues relating to product distribution, supplier contracts, customer contracts, and executive employment arrangements. He also has assisted clients in connection with their initial organization, advising them about choice of entity, initial capitalization, and other organizational matters.
Kevin has held various leadership positions with the State Bar of Arizona, Greater Phoenix Leadership, East Valley Partnership, and both the Phoenix and Tempe Chambers of Commerce. He has been named repeatedly as one of Arizona’s “Top Lawyers” by AZ Business Magazine and Ranking Arizona.
More About Kevin Olson
- J.D., Yale Law School, 1980
- B.S., summa cum laude, Arizona State University, Phi Beta Kappa, 1977
- Arizona, 1980
- Greater Phoenix Leadership, Member and Co-Chair of Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- East Valley Partnership, Board of Directors (Past Chair)
- Tempe Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- Securities Council, State Bar of Arizona, Past Chair
- Business Section, State Bar of Arizona, Past Chair
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Represented Friendship Village in $36 million tax-exempt financing for campus expansion and renovation.
- Represented Westminster Village in $24 million tax-exempt refinancing.
- Represented Rockford Corporation in connection with a “Dutch Auction” to purchase over $9 million of its shares.
- Represented Aldila, Inc., in connection with the merger of Aldila with Mitsubishi Rayon Corporation, producing approximately $24 million for its shareholders.
- Initial public offering of approximately $35 million of common stock for manufacturing company.
- Commercial contracts relating to the development and wind down of a commercial satellite communication system.
- Representation of local management in connection with the leveraged purchase of Arizona manufacturing operations from a Fortune 500 company.
- The $9 million purchase and financing of a major manufacturer's Arizona facilities.
- Representation of shareholders of an Arizona based manufacturer in connection with their $68 million stock sale to new private investors.
- Rendering of legal opinions in many Arizona transactions, both as principal lawyer on a matter and as Arizona local counsel.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2022-2023
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate Law, 2012-2016
- AZ Business Magazine, Arizona's Top Lawyers: Mergers & Acquisitions, 2008-2009, 2013
- Ranking Arizona Magazine, Top Lawyers: Mergers & Acquisitions, 2013
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/18/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Press Release, 06/3/2019
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/18/2022
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/19/2021
- Webinar |  06/29/2021