Jimmy Kwun is an intellectual property lawyer whose practice focuses on U.S. and international IP counseling, including patent prosecution, procurement, due diligence, and freedom to operate, non-infringement, and invalidity opinions. Jimmy has experience handling all aspects of patent prosecution and strategic counseling, trademark prosecution and strategic counseling, as well as patent and trademark litigation.
Jimmy has prepared, prosecuted, and secured patents for clients in the areas of electronics, software, and mechanical technologies, including building management systems and building equipment, Internet of Things systems and devices, wireless communications, consumer electronics, semiconductor devices, memory devices, medical devices, power supplies, electronic components, display devices, secondary batteries and battery management systems, telecommunication systems, and deposition systems and processes. He has served a broad spectrum of clients ranging from early startup companies to Fortune 500 companies.
Prior to his legal career, Jimmy served as a technology consultant, recruiter, wireless data platform engineer, and technical product manager. Jimmy is conversational in Korean.
More About Jimmy Y. Kwun
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 2013
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Michigan State University, 2005
- California, 2013
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Honors & Recognitions
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice - LA, Volunteer Recognition Award - Pro Bono Service, 2020
- Loyola Law School, Deans List, 2013
- Whittier Law School, Top 4 Percent, Honor Roll, Deans List, IP Law Fellow, CALI Award for Legal Writing, 2010
- Michigan State University, McNair SROP Scholar - MSU Robotics and Automation Laboratory, 2004-2005, Prism Venture Partners Prize for Capstone Project - Machine Control Panel Evaluation Tool, 2004-2005
- Honors & Recognitions, 02/25/2020
You May Also Like
- Honors & Recognitions |  02/25/2020