The water utilities industry is grappling with aging distribution systems and equipment, expanding regulation, demands for increased storage and sustainability, and the need for additional capital. Working with lawyers across our corporate, government relations, environmental, and natural resources practices, we develop strategies to help our clients – water utilities, municipalities, and private water companies – develop legal and regulatory solutions to address these challenges.
Representing investor-owned, developer-owned, and municipal utilities in negotiating and drafting water and wastewater infrastructure agreements, we bring an understanding of both sides of the negotiations for every client we represent. Our lawyers have formed and obtained regulatory operating authority for dozens of new private water companies.
Our services include:
- Applications for certificates of convenience and necessity
- Environmental compliance
- Formation of special districts
- Negotiation of main extension agreements for new subdivisions
- Power acquisition strategies
- Purchase and sale of water utility assets
- Rate case filings before state commissions and commercial contract negotiations
Latest from Lewis Roca
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  05/20/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021