Our Arizona government relations team is active at all levels of government. From the Capitol to City Hall to the federal government – we know the inner workings of the legislature and the agencies that regulate your business.
Our experienced lawyers and lobbyists have been actively involved with some of the biggest legislative initiatives and economic development projects in Arizona. This group knows politics, policy-making, and the complexities of working with the Arizona Legislature.
The strength of our team comes from our in-depth understanding of the legislative process and the need to build relationships with the Legislative Branch and the Executive Branch. While building these relationships, we actively collaborate with agency staff and other stakeholders involved in the implementation of legislation to help our clients achieve their goals.
We understand the procedures and regulations of the state and federal agencies and how to maneuver through these systems. Our experience turns your questions into answers and helps change what can be a confusing set of rules into compliance success.
We do more than just help develop policy and advocate or oppose the passage of laws and rules. Our work begins with understanding your business and how your compliance obligations impact your operations. Equipped with this information, we use our knowledge and experience to identify solutions and strategies that help you achieve your goals. We know that realizing your objectives means that we need to work with you to develop a plan to achieve your business objectives. To get there, we will draw upon our experience to work with the people who regulate your business in areas such as:
- Energy and utilities, including renewable energy
- Environmental, natural resources, and public lands
- Health care
- Land use and zoning
- Real estate acquisition, entitlement, and development
- Tribal affairs
Our Arizona business and regulatory practitioners help with licensing, compliance, and enforcement issues that impact your business and daily operations. We represent clients before federal, state, county, and municipal administrative agencies with specialized experience in:
- Legislative advocacy and bill drafting
- Agency licensing, investigations, and hearings
- Alternative energy and efficiency
- Business permitting, licensing, and zoning
- Environmental permits and investigations
- Government procurement
- Health professional licensing
- Liquor licensing
- Natural resources
- Open meeting law requirements and board governance
- Real estate acquisition and permitting
- Review and interpretation of local ordinances
- Rezoning, general plan amendments, and land use entitlements before various municipalities
- Tribal clean energy development
- Water rights
Latest from Lewis Roca
- Press Release |  07/26/2023
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/19/2021
- Webinar |  06/29/2021