Legal Project Assistant - Las Vegas, NV
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP is a top ranked Am Law 200 commercial law firm and one of the largest in the Western United States. We are seeking a Legal Project Assistant to join our team!
The Project Assistant will be part of the Appellate team by managing personal calendars, arranging travel accommodations, scheduling engagements, organizing, monitoring and maintaining email correspondence, and collaborating effectively with legal support staff in order to coordinate and manage administrative work.
The ideal candidate will have an Associate’s Degree or Certificate in Paralegal or Legal Studies, plus experience in litigation and appellate law. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, work well with others, maintain confidentiality of matters, and be well organized. This position is non-exempt, and reports to the Office Administrator.
About Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie:
Our award winning team of lawyers offer extensive experience in a wide range of disciplines. We strive to be the employer of choice in the legal community. Our goal is to attract talent of varied backgrounds who meet our standards of excellence and reflect the marketplace that we serve. We embrace this diversity; it contributes to our success.
We invite you to take advantage of the opportunity to learn, grow, and work in a collaborative environment where you can benefit from firm-wide resources that support all staff in the development of their professional careers.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Manages and maintains timekeepers’ schedules and calendars and maintains tracking spreadsheets.
- Schedules and organizes depositions, hearings, mediations, arbitrations, onsite and offsite meetings, conferences, speaking engagements, client proposals and events. Works with external resources, internal Events and/or other office personnel to coordinate food and beverage services, reserve rooms and prepare materials. Confirms events with all parties. Interfaces and establishes ongoing positive business relationships externally. Adheres to confidentiality of lawyer-client relationship.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, attorneys and supervisors; works as part of a team and collaborates with colleagues; and completes projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and shifting priorities
- Maintains lawyers’ contacts in Outlook with accurate contact information and notes.
- Gathers documents, and creates table of contents and appendices for court briefings, as well as all attorney binders for depositions, hearings, mediations, arbitrations, and trials.
- Create, format, edit, proofread and manage Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations. Prints and/or transmits via email as requested.
- Drafts routine correspondence, notices, forms, etc.
- Assists with email management.
- Performs routine filing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, compiling and distributing of documents. Identifies and coordinates available services provided by administrative departments such as office services, accounting, records, etc. Follows-up on delivery and receipt acknowledgements.
- Maintains client and administrative filing for lawyers following established procedures.
- Coordinates travel including hotel, flights, car rentals; prepares travel itineraries and materials for meetings during travel, important numbers, locations and contact names for events/meetings.
- Track, organize and process expense reports, reimbursements and check requests using electronic submission system
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Paralegal degree or certificate preferred.
- Prefer prior work experience in litigation and appellate.
- Must be adaptable to changes in work environment, manage competing demands, and shifting priorities with finesse.
- Must possess strong technical, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Must exhibit sound and accurate judgment; know when to make decisions and when to ask for help; be able to support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate chain of command in decision-making process; and make timely decisions.
- Requires advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as proficiency in formatting documents using Styles.
- Must be available to work overtime.
- Must be a team player who responds well to constructive feedback and adjusts accordingly.
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie offers competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- 5 medical plan options to choose from
- Well-being program
- 9-paid holidays per year
- 4 weeks of paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Employer-paid life insurance and long term disability
- And much more!
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply for this Position." No phone calls please. We will contact you if your resume indicates that you are a strong candidate for this position.
We are not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, age, physical or mental disability, spousal affiliation, marital status, a serious medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie participates in E-Verify, please click here for more information. For information regarding your Right to Work, please click here.