Patent Agent - Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles office of Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie is seeking a Patent Agent with three to five years of experience to join its Intellectual Property practice.
Candidate will be primarily responsible for, but not limited to, preparing and prosecuting patent applications filed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and foreign patent offices. Additional duties may include: providing technological guidance to attorneys in assisting clients to document inventions, counseling clients on comprehensive IP strategy, prior art analysis, and IP portfolio management. Experience with foreign patent applications is helpful, though not required.
- Registered to practice before the USPTO
- Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree preferred) in Electrical Engineering required
- Industry experience preferred but not required
- Detail oriented, organized & team oriented
- Ability to multi-task independently under deadlines, efficiently manage firm resources, effectively delegate (as appropriate), and prioritize and manage case assignments
- Ability to effectively present information and professionally respond to questions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognize inefficiencies in work process and contribute to improvements
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate high integrity
- Computer self-sufficient (complete Microsoft Office Suite)
- Proficiency with specialized software and online programs as required
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie clients require a full range of services, as well as creative and thorough representation in all types of matters. The ideal candidate will work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, participate in a broad range of sophisticated matters, and take on immediate responsibility with significant client involvement.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates please click “Apply for this Position” to send your cover letter, resume, undergraduate transcript, and writing sample to Veronica Samaniego, Lawyer Recruiting Manager.
No phone calls please. We will contact you if your resume indicates that you are a strong candidate for this position.
We are not considering resumes from Search Firms or Agencies at this time.
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, age, physical or mental disability, spousal affiliation, marital status, a serious medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie participates in E-Verify, please click here for more information. For information regarding your Right to Work, please click here.