Land Use and Zoning Detailed Projects (Land Use and Zoning - Detail Project Descriptions with names)
Land Use and Zoning - Detailed Projects - Get permission prior to use!
Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital – Tucson, Arizona. 54 acre campus master plan for expanded hospital facilities, medical office buildings, parking and circulation
- Services contracted for: Coordinate consulting team of architect, landscape architect, civil engineer, traffic engineer, hydrologist to draft planned area development (“PAD”) document for 54 acre master-planned hospital campus; worked with surrounding neighbors and neighborhood groups to develop support for PAD project; negotiate with city staff in multiple departments to prepare acceptable development standards and regulations and future infrastructure responsibilities; work with city councilmembers and staff to obtain approval of PAD
- Start and Completion dates: December 2004 to April 2006.
- Approximate Acreage/Square Foot: 54 acres primarily non-residential development, but including possible 19 acres residential
- Contact Information: Thomas M. Murphy, Esq., Vice President/General Counsel
Carondelet Health Network
2202 N. Forbes Blvd., 2nd Floor,
Tucson, AZ 85745
Ph: 520. 872.7790
Southern Arizona Homebuilders’ Association – Tucson, Arizona
- Services contracted for: Drafted and negotiated planned community development (“PCD”) ordinance for proposed City of Tucson adoption in 2007
- Start and Completion dates: January 2006 to date.
- Contact Information: Lori Lustig
Southern Arizona Homebuilders Association
2840 North Country Club
Tucson, Arizona 85716
City of Tucson Impact Fee Stakeholders’ Committee – Tucson, Arizona
- Services contracted for: Represented commercial development industry on community stakeholders’ committee to assist city staff in drafting roadway and parks impact fee ordinance
- Start and Completion dates: April 2005 to date
- Contact Information: Mr. Matt Dickey
Bourn Partners, LLC
3915 East Broadway, Fourth Floor
Tucson, Arizona 85711
Pima County Big Box Ordinance Stakeholders’ Committee – Tucson, Arizona
- Services contracted for: Represented big box retail uses on community stakeholders’ committee to assist Pima County and City of Tucson staff in drafting new “big box” ordinance for Board of Supervisors’ adoption
- Start and Completion dates: May 2001 to December 2003
- Contact Information: George J. Bacso, III, Esq.
Senior Corporate Counsel
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
2001 S.E. 10th Street
Bentonville, Arkansas 72712-6489
Oro Valley Marketplace – Oro Valley, Arizona
113 acre regional shopping center includes restaurants, big box retail, multi-screen theater, extensive open space, trails and riparian restoration areas, transit center and police substation.
- Services contracted for: Represented developer in obtaining development plan/plat approval, architectural approvals, sign package approvals from town council; negotiated agreement with county flood control district for 77-acre restoration of adjacent riparian area; on-going coordination with master property owners' association for approval of site development and architectural plans; worked with community groups to develop support for project
- Start and Completion dates: Dec. 2004 to date.
- Approximate Acreage/Square Foot: 113 acres; 880,000 square feet
- Contact Information: David Malin
Vestar Arizona XLI, L.L.C.
2425 East Camelback Road, Suite 750
Phoenix, Arizona 85016
Community of Civano/Sierra Morado – Tucson, Arizona
800+ acre master-planned sustainable energy community; 740+ acres residential, 50+ acres nonresidential including community hospital site
- Services contracted for: Represented master developer and other development partners in negotiating development agreements with local city addressing infrastructure, energy standards, development phasing, funding resources, community recreational facilities; worked with consultants on sustainable energy standards for community; worked with development team to prepare master development plan and individual planned area developments (PAD); worked with city agencies and community groups to develop support for project; worked with state agencies to obtain necessary state patent releases
- Start and Completion dates: Dec. 2000 to date.
- Approximate Acreage/Square Foot: 800+ acres primarily residential development, but including 50 acres nonresidential and miscellaneous village commercial nodes
- Contact Information: Shawn Chlarson, President,
Pulte Home Corporation, Tucson Division
6893 N. Oracle Road, Suite 121
Tucson, AZ 85704
University of Arizona Science and Technology Park – Tucson, Arizona
1000+ acre master-planned community; 120+ acres residential, remainder includes resort/golf course, office, research and development park
- Services contracted for: Represented Park developer in negotiating development agreements with local city addressing infrastructure and financing, development phasing, water facilities, and impact fees; worked with The Planning Center as legal consultant on master development plan and design standards; served with client on Davis Monthan Air Force Base zoning task force that resulted in development of new zoning restrictions surrounding runways
- Start and Completion dates: Aug. 2000 to date.
- Approximate Acreage/Square Foot: 1,000+ acres primarily non-residential development, but including 120 acres residential
- Contact Information: Bruce A. Wright, Associate Vice President
Office of Economic Development
University of Arizona
P.O. Box 210458
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0458