Insurance Regulatory Experience
General Insurance Regulatory Experience
- We successfully lobbied the legislature to amend Arizona law to permit companies to issue certificateless shares. The existing Arizona law required any company which issued certificateless securities to issue paper shares at the request of the shareholder.
- We successfully fought an effort to establish a tax credit open only to individuals who invested in the Arizona 529 (college savings) plan. Our client advocated in support of parity -- tax credits for investments in all 529 plans. The Arizona specific legislation was not enacted.
- Regularly counsel corporate clients on insurance issues. For example, we help clients sort through multiple policies issued over multiple periods to assess potential applicable coverage.
- Provide opinion letters to clients on coverage issues.
- Assist clients where insurer has denied coverage or defended under a reservation of rights.