Finance and General Corporate Experience
General Finance and Corporate Experience
- Represented a contract research organization in the formation of a worldwide research consortium comprised of universities and academic research organizations focused on research and clinical trials involving new and experimental drug therapies to treat pancreatic cancer. This intentionally flexible agreement initially involved several prominent institutions. It has since been translated into multiple languages and over a dozen new members have signed on to the agreement and joined the consortium, all without substantive changes to the original agreement.
- Represented drug development services company in numerous clinical trial, consulting and other service agreements with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and health care institutions, including Novartis, Nektar Therapeutics, GlobeImmune, RND Pharmaceuticals, Astex Therapeutics, Nerviano Medical Sciences, the Mayo Clinic and Scottsdale Healthcare.
- Representation of the Arizona agency responsible for all state-funded medical research in connection with several matters, including intellectual property royalties and the formation of a statewide tissue bank that will serve as a repository for actual and virtual tissue specimens and a database for researchers to promote research and facilitate collaboration.
- Represented a major airline in negotiating a multi-year “buy on board” meal program. At the time, such programs were relatively new, which meant we started with a blank page. Our representation included working with the client’s senior management to design the program and to negotiate both an initial term sheet and the definitive agreement providing for logistics, supply, quality, security and revenue sharing between the parties.
- Ongoing counsel to an early-stage biotech company preparing for Phase II clinical trials. In addition to negotiating a number of technology acquisition and licensing agreements in conjunction with our Intellectual Property attorneys. We have also represented this client in connection with clinical trial and related consulting agreements, employment agreements, joint venture agreements and other general commercial matters.
- Negotiated a multi-year, multi-party professional services agreement with ADP and Deloitte & Touche for our publicly traded restaurant client providing for the outsourcing of its employee benefits processing function and related consulting services.