Directors and Officers' Liability Experience
General Directors and Officers' Liability Experience
- Represented a publicly traded company in multiple shareholder class action suits filed in federal and state court.
- Represented former director of large investment group in Arizona for various proceedings arising out of that institution’s insolvency. The litigation has become known as the largest affinity fraud in United States history. At the time of its bankruptcy filing, they had over $600 million in debt securities issued and outstanding with real property securing the debt valued at roughly $200 million.
- Represented a director sued by a bankrupt trustee for a publicly traded corporation. A dispositive motion is pending.
- Represented nine members of a publicly traded company, in a Chapter 11 proceeding in which estate/creditors committee sought to bring claims against the directors.
- Represented a director in a "deepening insolvency" action brought by the trustee of the estate in bankruptcy court in Dallas, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict for multi-national natural gas company in Arizona arbitration arising out of venture capital investment and service by an officer on the Board of Directors of Arizona company.
- Represented a bankruptcy trustee of a large publicly traded company. Investigated causes of action for breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, fraudulent transfer and preferences relating to the issuance of false financial statements.
- Successful defense of directors and officers in multiple actions, including claims asserted in shareholder derivative actions and claims asserted by regulatory entities including the Resolution Trust Corporation.