Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, LLP California Privacy Notice (Consumer/Client)
Information for California Residents
We collect Personal Information from California residents and comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act and related laws (“California privacy laws”). This California Privacy Notice applies to California residents (“users,” “you,” or “your”).
For the purposes of this California Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information that is linked or reasonably linkable to a particular individual or household. However, the following categories of information are not Personal Information:
- Publicly available information;
- Deidentified or aggregated data; or
- Information otherwise excluded from the scope of California privacy laws.
This Privacy Notice provides the following information to California residents:
- Categories of Personal Information we collect;
- Purposes for which we use Personal Information;
- Categories of Personal Information we disclose to third parties;
- Categories of third parties to which we disclose Personal Information; and
- Consumer rights under California privacy laws and how to exercise those rights, specifically including:
- The rights to access, correct, or delete Personal Information;
- The right to limit the use of their Sensitive Personal Information in certain circumstances; and
- The rights to opt out of targeted advertising, sales of Personal Information, or profiling.
Categories of Non-Sensitive Personal Information
The table below outlines the categories of Personal Information Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, LLP collects about California residents and whether and how they are disclosed to third parties.
We collect Non-Sensitive Personal Information from the following sources:
- Inferences from your activity using our services
Category of Personal Information: Identifiers
Identifiers may contain the following: Personal Identifiers (e.g. Name, Email, Phone Number, etc.), Commercial and Financial Information, Professional Information, and Educational Information
|To facilitate the delivery of legal services|
|We do not engage in targeted advertising or disclose Personal Information for targeted advertising purposes|
This information is not sold to third parties
|This information may be disclosed to Processors. We disclose Identifiers To enable our processors to provide legal services on our behalf, such as court filings, document preparation, and other related services. To verify the identity of clients and other individuals involved in legal matters, in order to comply with legal and ethical requirements. To conduct research and analysis related to legal matters, in order to improve our services and outcomes for clients. To comply with legal and regulatory requirements related to the provision of legal services, such as reporting to government agencies and courts.|
|We retain this data only for the duration required by applicable law, and no longer.|
Categories of Sensitive Personal Information
We do not Process any categories of Sensitive Personal Information
Use of Personal Information
We use Personal Information for the purposes described above. Personal Information may also be used or disclosed as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
Disclosing Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information to the following categories of third parties:
- Processors (also referred to as “Service Providers” or “Contractors” in California law): We use processors to securely handle Personal Information on our behalf for our business purposes and only on our instructions. California privacy laws and our contracts with these companies prevent them from using your Personal Information for their own purposes.
See the table above for more details about how different categories of Personal Information are disclosed.
We do not sell Personal Information to anyone. We do not share Personal Information for advertising purposes.
Exercising Your Personal Information Rights
California residents have the following rights under California privacy laws:
- The right to know the Personal Information we have collected about them, including the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information, the purpose(s) for collecting, selling, or sharing your Personal Information, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information
- The rights to correct or delete Personal Information;
- The right to limit the use of Sensitive Personal Information in certain circumstances;
- The rights to opt out of targeted advertising, sales of Personal Information, or profiling; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising their privacy rights.
If you are a California resident, you can submit a request to exercise your personal data rights under California privacy laws by visiting our online request form at https://www.requesteasy.com/639c-5050.
To protect your privacy, we may need to authenticate your identity before we respond to your rights request. We will verify your identity by When someone submits a request to exercise their privacy rights, we take the privacy and security of their personal information seriously. To verify the identity of the individual making the request, we will follow up with an email and ask them a couple of questions that will help us validate their identity. We will verify your identity by asking you to provide information that matches the information we have on file for you. This may include your name, email address, phone number, and other identifying information. We will not disclose or share any personal information provided for the purpose of verifying identity. We may ask you for additional information as part of this process, including When verifying a consumer's identity, we may ask for additional information to ensure that we are accurately identifying the consumer making the request. This may include information such as a phone number or home address, which we will cross-reference with the information we already have on file for the consumer. Therefore, we may ask you for additional information as part of this process, including phone number, home address, or other identifying information that we already maintain about you.. If you do not complete the verification process, we may be unable to process your request. Any information you provide to authenticate your identity will only be used to process your rights request and not for any other purpose. Please be aware that we do not accept or process rights requests submitted through other means.
We will respond to your rights request within 45 days, though in certain cases we may inform you that we will need up to another 45 days to act on your request. If we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity on or from your account, we will delay taking action on your request until we can appropriately verify your identity and the request as authentic. Also note that each of the rights are subject to certain exceptions.
We reserve the right to decline to process, or charge a reasonable fee for, requests from a California resident that are manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive.
Notice of Right to Limit the Use of Sensitive Personal Information
You have the right to limit some uses of Sensitive Personal Information. You may direct companies not to use Sensitive Personal Information except as necessary to provide goods or services you have requested. However, Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, LLP does not Process any Sensitive Information.
We do not knowingly collect or use the Personal Information of children under 16. If you believe that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authorized Agent Requests
California privacy law allows you to designate an authorized agent to make a rights request on your behalf. Your authorized agent may submit such a request by following the same method described above in the section titled Exercising Your Personal Information Rights. We may require verification of your authorized agent’s authority in addition to the information we require for verification of your identity.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this California Privacy Notice, contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: May 12, 2023