Who Would Sue An NPO? - Understanding Where Risks May Lurk
When operating a nonprofit, most board members and executive directors believe the organization is less likely to be sued because of the “good” work it does. But nonprofits, just like any other business, have risks of liability in running their operations.
This discussion Laura had with Julia Patrick of the American Nonprofit Academy explores various risks nonprofits face, potential liabilities that may arise, and tools to manage them.
- What "risk" actually means and how it impacts an NPO
- How risk occurs with employees and staff
- NPO clients and service are potential risks - even when providing free service
- Understanding the difference between an organization's and personal risks
- How to anticipate risk factors and plan for budget line items
If you would like to learn more about this topic or how we can help you as a client, please contact us at LRRC.com