Nicholas E. Kolderman
Nick Kolderman is an associate in the firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group. Nick's practice focuses on patent application drafting and prosecution in the mechanical, electrical, and computer software arts including automotive, smart sensor, wireless communication, computer networking, and machine learning technologies. He is also involved in managing patent portfolios, developing prosecution strategies, and assessing intellectual property aspects of business transactions.
Nick’s patent practice is uniquely informed by his engineering background, government knowledge, and private practice experience. He has previously served as a patent examiner for the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), where he reviewed a broad spectrum of medical technologies comprising EKG/EEG/EMG circuits and electrodes, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), and gait/motion tracking algorithms.
After several years at the USPTO, Nick transitioned to the private sector where he leverages his insider’s knowledge of the USPTO to effectively draft patent applications, persuasively communicate with patent examiners, and successfully advocate for client innovations.
In his spare time, Nick enjoys golfing, racquetball, and spending time with his young son and wonderful wife.
More About Nicholas E. Kolderman
- J.D., The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, 2012
- M.S., Biomedical Engineering, Wayne State University, 2015
- B.S., Biology, Bowling Green State University, 2006
- Colorado, 2021
- Ohio, 2012
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2013
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association – IP Section, Member
- Boulder County Bar Association, Member
- Press Release, 08/10/2022
- Press Release |  08/10/2022
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021