Michael Hallam is a partner whose practice focuses on regulatory issues for utilities and transactional matters related to intellectual property, technology, and the sale of goods.
Business Contracts and Intellectual Property/Technology Agreements
For many large- and medium-sized corporations, Michael assumes an in-house counsel role for contract-related matters. He works to create and negotiate agreements that protect his clients to the fullest extent possible. His experience includes transactional matters involving the sale of goods, software development and licensing, copyright and trademark licensing, technology, and related issues. Michael has particular experience in the airline, hospitality, and industrial equipment industries.
Government and Regulatory Issues for Utilities, Telecommunications Providers, and Similar Entities
Michael helps water and wastewater utilities, telecommunications providers, energy companies, and related clients with regulatory matters. In the utility regulation field, he routinely represents clients before the Arizona Corporation Commission. His experience includes rate case filing, certification proceedings, financing applications, tariff filings, and complaint proceedings.
For both providers and users of services, Michael assists in key negotiations involving municipal right-of-way licensing, right-of-access, and similar issues. For energy companies and utility clients in particular, Michael often provides guidance on facility siting, line extensions, and renewable energy development.
Mike has experience with the siting of renewable energy developments, including the multiple transactional aspects of those developments (both as the projects commence and at the end of life).
More About Michael T. Hallam
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 1997
- B.S., Santa Clara University, 1993
- Arizona, 1997
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, "Lawyer of the Year," Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C., Administrative and Regulatory Law, 2022-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C., Administrative Law and Communications Law, 2011-2017, 2020-2022
- North Carolina Law Review, Editor-in-chief
- AZ Business Magazine, Top Lawyers, Environmental Law, 2010
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/18/2022
- Firm News, 10/27/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Press Release, 08/15/2019
- Press Release, 08/15/2018
- Press Release, 08/15/2017
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/15/2016
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/18/2022
- Firm News |  10/27/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/19/2021