Matthew Tsai is an associate with the firm’s Litigation Practice Group and supports clients in the commercial and interactive gaming industries by assisting with gaming, corporate governance, business transactions, and taxation matters. As part of his gaming industry focus, Matthew recently published a gaming article in the UNLV Gaming Law Journal titled, "Fantasy (e) Sports: The Future Prospect of Fantasy Sports Betting Amongst Organized Multiplayer Video Game Competitions," 6 UNLV Gaming L.J. 393 (2016).
Prior to joining the firm, Matthew served as a law clerk for the Honorable Justice Ron Parraguirre at the Supreme Court of Nevada, Carson City, where he researched criminal and civil appeals and assisted in the drafting of bench memoranda, orders, and opinions for en banc and panel consideration.
Matthew is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
More About Matthew R. Tsai
- J.D., cum laude, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2016
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2012
- Colorado, 2019
- Nevada, 2018
- Nevada Business Magazine, Southern Nevada's Top Ranked Attorneys, 2022
- Asian Bar Association of Las Vegas, Vice President, 2019-present
- Gaming Law Journal, Staff 2014-2015, Notes Editor, 2015
- Society of Advocates, Member, 2014-2016, Vice President, 2015
- American Constitution Society of Law and Policy, Vice President of Community Relations, 2014-2016
- Juvenile Justice Clinic, Student Attorney, 2015
- American Bar Association, Student Representative, 2014-2016
Honors & Recognitions
- Lewis Roca Lawyers Recognized as Legal Elite 2020Nevada Business Magazine , 06/1/2020
- Lewis Roca Awarded for 100% Participation in Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada's 2019 Associate Challenge11/13/2019
- Honorable Justice Ron Parraguirre, Supreme Court of Nevada
- Press Release, 02/6/2019
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021
- Press Release |  02/6/2019