Lauren Schneider is a partner in Lewis Roca's Intellectual Property Practice Group. Focusing on U.S.-based and international patent procurement and portfolio development, Lauren provides patent strategy and portfolio management for numerous major clients across a diverse array of technical disciplines, both in the United States and internationally.
With extensive experience providing intellectual property protection in the biotechnology and chemistry sectors, Lauren has counseled numerous clients, large and small, and prosecuted patent applications in a wide variety of technical fields, including life sciences, chemistry, materials science, optics, and mechanics. Within these fields, Lauren has particular experience in pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, food science, polymer chemistry, battery technology and chemistry, thin film chemistry such as optical films and adhesives, medical devices, OLEDs and OLED chemistry, and optics.
As a leading member of the firm’s Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industry Group, Lauren provides intellectual property counseling and portfolio development/management to all manner of clients, from large corporations to startup companies to research institutions. Recognizing the different dynamic of each of these clients, Lauren tailors her intellectual property approaches to meet each client's individual needs and protection goals. Working with many of southern California's major universities, Lauren has particular experience working with a wide variety of technology transfer models, and works closely with technology transfer officers as well as university faculty and innovators.
Lauren earned a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from the University of California, Los Angeles, and her J.D., summa cum laude, from Southwestern University School of Law. She is a member of the American Chemical Society, and routinely attends the BIO (Biotechnology Industry Organization) Annual Convention. In her free time, Lauren enjoys cooking and baking for friends and family, and is an avid Denver Broncos fan.
More About Lauren E. Schneider
- J.D., summa cum laude, Southwestern University School of Law, 2003
- B.S., Chemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, 2000
- California, 2003
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- California Supreme Court
- UCLA Alumni Association, Member
- American Chemical Society, Member
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Technology Transfer Tactics, 05/22/2018,
- Aerospace and Defense
- Displays and Touch Screen Panels
- Clean Tech
- Chemicals and Polymers
- Semiconductor and Materials Science
- Health Care and Life Sciences
- Educational and Research Institutions
- Research Institutions
- Energy Storage Systems
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
- Food and Beverage
- Manufacturing, Machinery, and Equipment
- Medical Devices
- Mining and Manufacturing
You May Also Like
- Insight |  05/22/2018