Lance Collins is an associate in the firm's Litigation Practice Group, whose practice focuses on general corporate and commercial litigation, as well as intellectual property matters. Lance has experience researching and drafting memoranda, discovery documents, and motions in various areas of law, including corporations and LLCs, securities fraud, evidentiary issues, construction, and a variety of intellectual property matters.
While in law school, Lance was an extern for the Honorable Allison Eid of the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. He also served as a law clerk in Xcel Energy's legal department, where he researched and drafted memoranda on topics such as condemnation proceedings, easement acquisition, breach of contract, and environmental/renewable energy. He has been a law clerk in the litigation department of various law firms working on construction and general commercial litigation matters. In addition, Lance was a member of the Denver Law Review and was a law student ambassador. He participated in various mock trial programs through student organizations and classes, including an eight-hour breach of contract jury trial presided over by a federal judge via Zoom.
Prior to law school, Lance was as a project engineer in the San Francisco Bay Area working on projects such as the new Apple, Google, and Facebook campuses.
Lance loves experiencing all that Colorado has to offer—nature, the food and drinks, and various events. He spends his free time outdoors, especially skiing, hiking, and golfing. He also enjoys attending any and all sporting events.
More About Lance T. Collins
- J.D., University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, 2021
- Graduate Certificate, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Constitutional Rights and Remedies
- B.S., Civil Engineering, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, 2016
- Colorado, 2021
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2021
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Press Release, 12/8/2021
- Lewis Roca Blog, 07/14/2022,
- Lewis Roca Blog, 03/17/2022,
- Blog |  07/14/2022
- Blog |  03/17/2022
- Press Release |  12/8/2021