Katie Derrig is an associate in the firm's Litigation Practice Group. Katie's practice focuses on general commercial litigation matters. She has experience researching and drafting memoranda on complex matters, including for an immigration asylum case on appeal in the Ninth Circuit. She also has experience publishing case notes regarding physician opinions in ERISA litigation.
While in law school, Katie served as Editor-in-Chief of the Arizona Law Review. She was also a student attorney for the Domestic Violence Law Clinic at the University of Arizona, where she assisted clients in matters relating to domestic violence and abuse, including advice and counsel for divorce proceedings and representation for contested Order of Protection hearings. Prior to her time as a student attorney, Katie served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Lynnette C. Kimmins of the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, where she drafted trial and court orders and report and recommendation summaries on prisoner petitions for habeas corpus.
More About Katie M. Derrig
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, 2021
- B.A., summa cum laude, Russian Language, Arizona State University, 2015
- Arizona, 2021
Honors & Recognitions
- Order of the Coif
- ALI CLE Scholarship and Leadership Award
- CALI Awards: Legal Research, Analysis, and Communication II, Evidence, ERISA, Federal Income Tax, Employment Law
- Lewis Roca Blog, 11/5/2021,
- Co-author, "The Northern District of Texas Reaffirms the Right to Rely on an Opinion by a Non-Treating Specialist in ERISA Long-Term Disability Cases," ABA Health and Disability & Life Insurance Law Committee Newsletter, Fall 2020
- Blog |  11/5/2021
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021