James Voyles is of counsel in the firm's Regulatory and Government Practice Group. James is an experienced lawyer and policy advisor with significant regulatory, litigation, compliance, legislative, and transactional experience. He provides advice to organizations across numerous sectors that include infrastructure, energy, natural resources, utilities, sportsmen and outdoor recreation, financial institutions, conservation, and real estate. James has successfully handled matters that include permitting energy and infrastructure projects, utility commission proceedings, environmental due diligence, land and species conservation, land use and access, legislative analysis, and notice and comment rulemaking.
Prior to joining Lewis Roca, James practiced at a boutique firm and advised clients across the infrastructure, energy, natural resources, and land use sectors. He also gained significant experience with federal land management, responsible natural resources development, recreation and grazing access, conservation, environmental quality, and infrastructure deployment while serving as senior counsel at the U.S. Department of the Interior.
Not currently admitted in Arizona.
The hallmark of James’ practice is listening to his clients to build a clear understanding of their needs and delivering tailored, personalized advice designed to achieve favorable business outcomes.
More About James Voyles
- J.D., magna cum laude, Syracuse University, College of Law, 2014
- M.S., New Media Business Management, Syracuse University, SI Newhouse School of Public Communications, 2014
- Graduate Certificate, Conflict and Alternative Dispute Resolution, University of Utah, 2011
- B.S., Psychology, Brigham Young University, 2010
- Washington, D.C., 2017
- New York, 2015
- Press Release, 04/16/2021
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Press Release |  04/16/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021